techaninna

NightTime

Well I changed my mind again on subs Ended up with 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's. Got them today and started the box and new midgate. I swear the pictures do no justice for the subs, they are huge. I am sure everyone has seen pics but here are some more. Buddy of mine had to hold the subs cause they seem to want to stand up on their own.

Bottomnight5.jpg

Sidenight.jpg

Topnight.jpg

Now my fiberglass midgate is a little more time consuming than I thought but here is the progress. Here is how I plan on attaching the midgate to the box. Box shown with bottom not attached, midgate is also second baffle.

sideview.jpg

I attached the two boards to the fiberglass midgate.

Attach.jpg

using drywall screws with rubber washers.

screwwrubber.jpg

Nice....I want a pair of Nightshades......just the money situation stinks...

How much do they weigh a piece? Good luck on the build, I want to see more pics!!

What are they going to be powered by? Excuse me if you have already said...I'm tired as junk..

Nice....I want a pair of Nightshades......just the money situation stinks...

How much do they weigh a piece? Good luck on the build, I want to see more pics!!

What are they going to be powered by? Excuse me if you have already said...I'm tired as junk..

I am pretty sure 55lbs each. For now 1 SAZ1500d until I make up my mind on alt or alts and batteries then 2 1500's strapped.

:morepower1:

1500D each is perfect :) Several customers are doing 150s on music with 1500 each on a pair of 15s.

:blink:
1500D each is perfect :) Several customers are doing 150s on music with 1500 each on a pair of 15s.

i have 2 12'' nightshades i will be isntalling with 2 1500s strapped at 1 ohm nominal.. i am running a single 15'' FI bl on them at 1 ohm nominal right now with an OEM replacement 140amp alt on my car and 1 DECA 1200ca battery and 2 group 31 gell batteries in the trunk and i hold awesome voltage..

:blink:

Yes sir, at least two that I'm aware of :)

stratusrt01 installed two 15s in a truck with a 3000D doing 150.3 on music.

Derrick on Team Sundown is using two 1500s on two 15s also doing low 150s on music.

I believe there was a third, although, I don't recall who right now!

holy crap r u serious........hmmm i wonder if i did 2 nightshade 12's in 4.5 cubes with a 65square inch port tuned to 32 hz with 1 3000d will i yeald similar results..and i have a trunk car

i going try it....

Did some more work today about 3 more layers of glass and mat. Here is a pic of test fit. It will bolt to factory hinges and also attach to factory latches on the top.

testfit.jpg

dude u r so gonna be loud and sound good doing it....how big is the box and wats it tuned too

dude u r so gonna be loud and sound good doing it....how big is the box and wats it tuned too

Box is 7.2cuft after sub and port displacement tuned around 34.

thats goin to be sex to ur ears

Buddy of mine had to hold the subs cause they seem to want to stand up on their own.

Bottomnight5.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. They're like weeble wobbles. You knock them over and they stand themselves right back up. Nice choice of subs. i'm sure you'll be happy.

Did some more work today.

Here is the dremel work I had to do to make sure the box attached flush.

Dremelwork.jpg

My Redneck router jig.....

Redneckrouterjig2.jpg

RedneckRouterJig.jpg

Test Fit....

Justtomakesure.jpg

The blocks are where the factory mounts attach.

Holescut.jpg

And then 3 more layers of Resin and mat.

Moreresinmat.jpg

Still got a lot of work left to do.........................

Damn those nightshades are very nice looking subs!!! I might be looking into buy a single 15 inch night shade.

Sorry forgot to say that you build is looking very good... again sorry

Now I wasn't going for a flashy glossy look but more of a factory look but a little bit tough.

Well feels like I've been sanding for weeks but here is my progress.

after 3rd coat of body filler and one coat of filler primer then sanded once

Gettingthere.jpg

Here it is all ready to go get painted

Sanded1.jpg

Here is cell pic of first coat of paint.

cellpaint.jpg

It was hit with two coats of fine black texture paint then two coats of black. It ended up being a little darker than my interior trim but similar in texture.

Also battery came in too.

Battery.jpg

Hopefully getting installed tomorrow HOPEFULLY.....

Looking great. Nice paint shop. :)

Well I got it in yesterday and cleaned it up a little today. The texture shows up kinda dark and light in the pics but color is even in person.

Here is how its mounted on the bottom.

BottomMount3.jpg

Top Mount.....

topmount.jpg

Side view

Sidedone.jpg

Front view...

Front-1.jpg

I still need to clean it up and do a little touch up paint due to subs being so heavy and having to mount them alone. It sounds great, its tuned around 33 and its loud and clean. Currently running both off one SAZ1500d at .5 ohm. Right now I have a 105 amp alt and powermaster d2400 along with the MLA module. I am seeing drops as low as 13.1 at the amp while at idle . Next is a 145+ amp alt another d2400 and another 1500 in that order.......

that is awesome work....it looks factory, besides the two beasts that are in there.