Sign in to follow this  
scizzle

Ohm question

I am new to audio so I am going to play dumb. Can I have boston acoustic 3 ohm speakers in the front and 4 ohm jl audio in the rear or is the ohm difference going to cause a problem.

No its fine. Your amp will put alittle bit more power to the Boston's.

Ex: If you amp does 50X4 at 4 ohms stereo and 100X4 at 2 ohms stereo the Bostons will see around 75X2 and the JL's will see 50X2.

Perhaps a more logical question is why the heck do you want rears? If wasting money is your thing...

Perhaps a more logical question is why the heck do you want rears? If wasting money is your thing...

We have already been over this and I am going to be stubborn because thats me and I want them so,

thank you for answering my question elmx479

Actually M5 what would you suggest just for my own info. I have an 04 Caddy Suv running a 100.4 what would you put up front to have no rear speakers JW?

Edited by scizzle

I don't know what Boston's you have but you could try to bi-amp them or run them active. I have the Pro60's running active using a PG ti500.4

I only have one 10 sealed so I don't need my fronts really loud but if you want them to shine they need at least 200rms per side.

We have already been over this and I am going to be stubborn because thats me and I want them so,

thank you for answering my question elmx479

Actually M5 what would you suggest just for my own info. I have an 04 Caddy Suv running a 100.4 what would you put up front to have no rear speakers JW?

Depends on your budget and installation skills.

If you are just going to bolt things into stock locations I wouldn't even bother.