NofearX18

Alphasonik PMA1200DA

I have a good offer on one of these.

It seems to be a good amp but im not sure. To be honest i have never heard of it before.

My set up is going to be only 1 Dual 1 ohm Fully loaded Fi BTL 18".

My problem is i bought the Dual 1 option because i thought that i may get another in the future and with that i could have them wired at 1 ohm and be able to find a amp for a bit cheaper to give them power. what i didnt think of was the amp i was going to use in the time being...

i need the minimum of 2000rms at either 0.5 ohm or 2 ohms and this amp does 2000 at the 2 ohms...

Anyone have experience or anything i should know about this amp... i saw a reveiw of a different amp from alphasonik on Sonicelectonix.com that said his decided to catch on fire... literally...

Is it worth it and will it be good enough to last me until i can afford a bigger and better amp...

if it caught fire...i wanna say chances are it was due to user installation. but that's just imo

Edited by Basshead

Isn't Alphasonik related to Audiobahn? I believe so.

Why not look for a Kicker kx2500.1? It'll do over 2500w @ 2 ohms.

Or if you have a strong electrical system in place, you should look into the SAZ-1500D sale. Run that sucker at .5 and wang away.

With a HO alt (180+ amps) and two strong batteries this is what you could look forward to at .5 ohms.

.5 ohm nominal = 1890 watts @ 71% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8v)

Isn't Alphasonik related to Audiobahn? I believe so.

Why not look for a Kicker kx2500.1? It'll do over 2500w @ 2 ohms.

i can find one for less than $800 and no one seems to want to sell a used on in good condition...

i want to get a sundown saz3000d in the future but i screwed up thinking i could power the sub at 1 ohm.... so my Hifonics amp i have now isnt going to cut it until i can get the sundown. this thing seems to meet the RMS of the sub so i am hoping it will do the job until i can afford the sundown.

and because i can get this amp for like $350 i think...

Another option would be to buy two Sundown SAZ-1500D's and strap them at 2 ohms.

That should give you just over 3200w.