penguin3820

batteries? how many? what kind?

...I have an 04 f150. im gonna have 2 hifonics 2608 brutus amps and 2 rockford fosgate p400.4 amps running. i currently have a yellowtop just running the car but i know im gonna need more. so how many more yellowtops should i get? or is there something better?

I have purchased 4 2608's and I am running 2 Kinetik 2400's and one or two 250amp alternators however many I can fit. Kinetic seems to be the way to go or powermaster. the yellowtop up front is fine. The calculation I have always used is every 100 watts draws 10amps <---this is my rule of thumb not fact! so when twenty people read this and say im wrong keep in mind this MY rule of thumb. then I calculate what my car has to offer and go from there. It has never failed me since the early 90's :)

I have purchased 4 2608's and I am running 2 Kinetik 2400's and one or two 250amp alternators however many I can fit. Kinetic seems to be the way to go or powermaster. the yellowtop up front is fine. The calculation I have always used is every 100 watts draws 10amps <---this is my rule of thumb not fact! so when twenty people read this and say im wrong keep in mind this MY rule of thumb. then I calculate what my car has to offer and go from there. It has never failed me since the early 90's :)

ok. so what would you recommend for me? so call it 1000 from the 4 channels and then 6000 from the sub amps just to be on the high side to be safe. then i should still keep a battery for the normal car functions right?

Correct, You would keep the one up front for your car only. I have never considered the car's battery usable for a system of that magnetude. I would get a 3100 powermaster or 2400 kinetik, which ever you can get a better deal on both will work for application depending on how long you plan on riding around playing all this? I have read that the powermaster 3100 has a longer run time, but I havent tested my kinetiks yet as I am still in the building stages. You may want to consider two of them, I would buy one for sure and then run it and see if have any loss issue's especially after playing for a few hrs.

You will need to isolate the rear battery from the front, I use @200amp isolater from stinger <--this is only if you plan on having your car's single and only alternator charge both batterys. I will not be using one for my current setup as I am using more than one alternator.

Edited by Cr@sh

do you think i would be safe leaving one yellowtop for the normal car functions. then upgrading my alt to an iraggi probably 250ish? maybe i can find a bigger one. and then 2 more yellowtops? since i already have one dont wanna change brands. then hook a brutus and 4 channel to each?

Sure you can do that, it might be more costly and more weight added then needed. The yellow tops just don't compare to the powermasters and kinetiks and the likes. Going with something different in your trunk won't make any difference unless your planning on magazine shot's of your car? and even then it really doesnt matter. If you check around other forums and this one two you'll see most people will have a yellow top or just oem for the front and then big boys for the trunk.

lets talk about those hifonics amps....... WHY? price?

I would start a new thread so we don't jack canyon's :)

lets talk about those hifonics amps....... WHY? price?

well what would you recommend? i was gonna go with them cuz they are resonably priced. im gonna have 2 btls. what would you recommend and limit is probably 4-500 an amp

im not the best with the brands. i have a 2004 F150 supercrew. im taking out my middle back seat and gonna center console probably 2 12" btls hopefully but if i could find a way 2 15"s instead. so any recommendations on what kind of amps or batteries would be great. i currently have a p400 also for the door speakers and am probably gonna get another one and then components in the front pillars and back pillars

ok. so what would you recommend for me? so call it 1000 from the 4 channels and then 6000 from the sub amps just to be on the high side to be safe. then i should still keep a battery for the normal car functions right?

So you are going to run 7kW in a daily driver? Do you really plan on using that much music while you drive? Do you value your hearing? LOL!

If you do really intend on running that in a daily driver, you are going to need far more than a single yellow top. FWIW a single yellow top is able to push about 700~800 watts RMS of music, and not for very long. Your stock alt is prob 150A max. So that alt can support about 2kW. Once you get above that, you will cut out for sure.

You are going to need the biggest alt you can find (300a) and then add in 3 HC2400 for handling the music. Basically the HO alt can put out enough power to push your music, but not constantly. At idle, you will be way under powered. You would have to sit and rev the engine at a stop light if you didn't have the correct battery power.

Hope that helps