Sign in to follow this  
tezin87

Installing Powermaster 1200

My xs1200 came in yesterday and I'm putting it in today. But the positive and negative terminals are on different sides compared to my factory batterys terminals. And if I rotate the 1200 and have the terminals on the correct side, they become too far away for my factory wires to connect. How do I go about solving this problem? Also, it didn't come with new posts for the factory wires to connect to, do I just bring the battery to Pep Boys or whatever and see if they have posts that will fit?

They'll have battery post adapters at Autozone or wherever you go.

As far as the cables not being long enough, sounds like a perfect excuse to do the Big 3 and make them longer!

The big 3 was supposed to be getting done today as well. Although the 1/0 I got from welding supply seems much smaller than the hyperflex I used for the amps.

John is correct... if you're going to spend the money on such a nice batt, I would upgrade the wiring too! Also, as far as the terminals, the S series batteries and the 16v batteries are the only ones that have the terminals already included... the D batteries are sold seperately. I would pick up a set of the 586 battery terminals... they work perfect! See below:

http://xspowerbatteries.com/xspma/catalog/...mage.php?pID=60

I wasn't aware that I needed to buy new posts or terminals for the battery, I just assumed it came with it. I went to Pep Boys, Autozone, and a local auto-parts store that my friend's dad owns and couldnt find the parts I needed. I also called Powermaster but I called 15 min too late. ScottieJ, it is a huge benefit to us all that you are here to answer these random questions for us, thank you. So how do I order these 586 terminals? Does Jegs have them or do I have to order directly through Powermaster? I need them as soon as possible because the BIG 3 is begging to be done! Thanks for all the help johnecon and scottiej.

I wasn't aware that I needed to buy new posts or terminals for the battery, I just assumed it came with it. I went to Pep Boys, Autozone, and a local auto-parts store that my friend's dad owns and couldnt find the parts I needed. I also called Powermaster but I called 15 min too late. ScottieJ, it is a huge benefit to us all that you are here to answer these random questions for us, thank you. So how do I order these 586 terminals? Does Jegs have them or do I have to order directly through Powermaster? I need them as soon as possible because the BIG 3 is begging to be done! Thanks for all the help johnecon and scottiej.

Hey, that's what I'm here for... :eek5wavey: You can pick them up from any dealer, or you can get them direct. ;)

Thanks for the tip LilBlacky but I ordered what scottiej recommended already this morning. Hopefully it works but if not, I know what my next attempt will be!

honestly in mine I just use the bolts like what came with it if I need longet ones I go buy them they are like 6mm if I remember right

I thought about just stripping the stock 4awg wires that connect to the battery posts and crimping some terminals on them, and then sliding the bolts that came with the powermaster battery through those terminals and the 1/0 terminals that I'm doing the BIG 3 with. But I already ordered the 586 terminals so I guess we'll see how that goes.

Scottie,

I ordered the terminals you suggested Tuesday morning from the xs website and the order status still says pending. Is that normal or should I get in contact with someone to see what is going on with my order?

Scottie,

I ordered the terminals you suggested Tuesday morning from the xs website and the order status still says pending. Is that normal or should I get in contact with someone to see what is going on with my order?

oh... shoot me an email at scottie@powermastermotorsports.com and I will see what the problem is and make sure it goes out Monday ;)