Sign in to follow this  
jboey901

NEW TO FI

I'm new to Fi and need a little help deciding the best setup for my car. I have a 94 Firebird(so its a hatchback). not a lot of trunk space in these bad boys for those who are firmiliar. i had 2 12" Kicker Solobaric L7's powered by a 1600D Hifonics amp. The setup hit hard but was stolen. the subs were nice but ik the amp was less than sub par. I am thinking about getting either 1 12'' BL ported or 2 12'' sealed. i listen to rap/r&b music, would be everyday use, and want it to hit but still give me that quality. are the BL's the way to go? any suggestions on an amp would be appreciated as well.

You cannot have the BL's sealed, so if you wanted a BL it would have to be the one ported.

There is room in a firebird, lol. I would personally do 2 12" Q's sealed if it were my car.

Are you putting this right behind the back seat, in the t-top area on the side opposite of the spare tire *behind the wheel well.*

I have a buddy that has a 96 camaro that is his sq car. I have seen many different iterations of a sub-woofer set-up in 4thgen f-bodies.

There is a picture of one of his old set-ups in my gallery.

There is room in a firebird, lol. I would personally do 2 12" Q's sealed if it were my car.

Are you putting this right behind the back seat, in the t-top area on the side opposite of the spare tire *behind the wheel well.*

I have a buddy that has a 96 camaro that is his sq car. I have seen many different iterations of a sub-woofer set-up in 4thgen f-bodies.

There is a picture of one of his old set-ups in my gallery.

Yes that seems to be the only logical place for them. would the Q's be logical for everyday use throughout the day? i am am a delivery driver and i would use them frequently. and if i were to get the 2 Q's what amp would be able to give them what they deserve? also i couldnt tell which picture in ur gallery was his set up??

I like the pair of Q's sealed idea.

If you are on a budget get the bl ported but if you have money to spend get the 2 q's. The enclosure will be roughly the same size either way you go. I love my bl ported but I've heard great things about the q as well.

Sign in to follow this