QuestionMan

car dealers anger me

So i was with a buddy, he was looking for a new truck. He was dead set on a hemi (05-07) or maybe even larger engine. We spent the whole night looking at trucks, and then go home.

The next night i call him, and he said he got a new truck. I asked him what it was, and he said it was a 2006 4.7 ram.. "the dealer told me it only has 20 hp less than a hemi". I just acted like i was amazed, and didn't want to bring him down since he just got a new truck.

But to the point, a new 4.7 model has 230-235 horsepower. A 5.7 Hemi has ~340 horsepower, and i'm not about to be the one to break it to him, lol. Sorry for the rant, but its 1:00 am over here and i was thinking about this when i was looking through the off-topic forum lol.

Dude tell him.............let him return it so he can get what he really wants

Dude tell him.............let him return it so he can get what he really wants

I want to, but also don't want to be the guy that brings him down when he's pumped about his new truck, kinda sucks lol

rather watch him get laughed at when he brags? 4.7 barely has enough nuts to do a brake stand... i have a spare long block lying around and no one wants to take it even for free! lol.

rather watch him get laughed at when he brags? 4.7 barely has enough nuts to do a brake stand... i have a spare long block lying around and no one wants to take it even for free! lol.

He's got all the bragging rights in his camaro 383 stroker, lol. But hell, i'd rather have the 1998 5.2 4x4 that he just traded in than the 4.7, but he said he was sick of the two door, and was ready for an 'upgrade'.

eh better to know now than when u show someone and they set u straight

If you're his friend you'd let him know and you'd go down to the dealership with him and make them take it back.

I think you should tell him too. Wouldn't you want to know if you got screwed over like he did?

x eleventiybillion on what kharps and big e just said.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

He's got all the bragging rights in his camaro 383 stroker, lol.

Well, he's obviously a car guy so he should have known exactly what he was buying. Chalk that one up to stupidity. Let him know now, because I guarantee you when he finds out reality, he'll be far more upset.