Sign in to follow this  
luninox

Optima battery question?

I am running an saz 1500d and 100.4 and I have a stock 145 amp alt. I already have a red top optima battery in the oem spot but I need another battery for the back can I use another red top or should I get the yellowtop? will a red in the front and yellow in the back be ok because they are different? Noobie question

Of the choices you have given I would suggest a yellow top instead of the redtop. They will work fine together. An XS Power D925 will also work well for this application ;)

Why were you wanting optima just to keep it the same as the battery up front?

Edited by scizzle

U know im indiffrent about optima batts, i work at an auto store and people return batts all the time because they have crapped out...

On another note, we try and slow charge them back to life and sell them as used, which works 7/10..

So idk wtf people are doin to kill these batts..

myself however would go wt a kinetik or odyssey batt

U know im indiffrent about optima batts, i work at an auto store and people return batts all the time because they have crapped out...

On another note, we try and slow charge them back to life and sell them as used, which works 7/10..

For this application which kinetik or odyssey would you use? like the hc800?

Powermaster ftw.

I'm a interstate dealer and the recomondations we get from the reps on charging for the optimas is no less than a 10A charge so if your trying to trickle those batteries your getting you may be doing more harm then not.

I just wanted suggestions for my setup more specific if possible.

Which optima?

Which Odyssey?

Which Kinetik?

Which powermaster for this application?

Maybe but instead of shipping them off back to our warehouse, are 2A slow charger works pretty well to bring them back to life..

It depends on your needs, honestly i would get a bigger alternator first, otherwise you will just be putting an extra load on the alternator you have which will make it fail if it is overworked...

I have a 2400 kinetik and 1800 oddysey, but also a 250a alt

although the guy on here bigshot i believe is selling a optima for 100$ not a bad deal

I just wanted suggestions for my setup more specific if possible.

Which optima?

Which Odyssey?

Which Kinetik?

Which powermaster for this application?

Read scottiej's post above, he is the SSA powermaster Rep.

DjBedtime was right LuniTunes, i do have an Optima for sale. Just put it up in the early am today. Here's the link - Optima D31T

1) "Will a Red Top up front be ok mixed with a Yellow Top in back?"

Yes, you won't experience any problems.

2) "What specific models of batts from the different manufactures should I buy?"

The bigger the better! You can't have too much Battery!"

3) "Which manufacture should I you choose?"

The cheapest. Optima, Odyssey, Kinetik, and Powermaster = The Same chit! If you are paying more to one company and getting less for your money you need to take your head out your ass. None of these batts is worth anymore than the other. It's just hype...

Real World Experience...

I just bought two motorcycles from a guy that weren't in running condition. He used to race these things over 10 years ago and they have been sitting in storage doing nothing ever since. One had a lead acid type battery installed in it and had absolutely no acid left inside. It had evaporated over the past ten years it was sitting. I hooked up my meter and the battery showed it had 5 volts in it. Any battery manufacturer pretty much states that if a battery gets below 10 volts it needs to be replaced cause it has gone bad or suffered permanent damage. Anyhow, since it was no trouble for me, i filled it up with acid that i already owned here at the house and threw it on the charger. It now has a resting voltage of 12.8 which is great for this type of battery. It's now install in the bike and working perfectly. I saved myself about $50 by not buying a new one. And by not believing the hype...

Good Luck, Bob!

Edited by Big Shot

Sounds like the HC800 is a little small for this system. IMO the HC2000 sounds more like the right size. The model number is equal to the watts RMS that they are designed for. HC800 = 800w RMS.