mrogowski

New Home Audio Speaker Site and Forum

Just thought I'd mention a new kid on the block for home audio loudspeakers and projects. Mike, another DIYer who likes to do things himself decided to take things public and help spread the (free) word about how much better we can make our systems sound.

Take a moment out to check his site - http://speakerhobby.com/index.htm

He has a forum as well where you guys can share speaker projects of any design using any brand. Cool stuff!

Best,

Mark

He has posted up a few of his builds in the SS section I believe. :)

That would be member "mfishmike". He has the only system I've ever seen with 24 passive radiators !!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark,

I appreciate the nice introduction to the members here about my new website http://www.SpeakerHobby.com

After ten years of building, tearing down, and rebuilding many times, my home theater speakers are finished.

I figured it was time to give back to the audio community in some form or another, what I have received over the years. I couldn't have the wonderful system I have right now if so many people in these forums had not helped me with all of their information, graph work, comments, and suggestions.

I decided to purchase a new domain name and webmaster a website that I could provide the new (or seasoned) DIY'er a comprehensive list of suppliers, free software, audio resources, and also host a forum that others could join and interact with. I am short on knowledge compared to a lot of the seasoned audio gurus out there, but I am very good at finger pointing.....

I will answer all emails.

My site is totally free and my links to the dealers are free and posters can talk about any product lines they desire on my forum becasue my forum is not manufacturer based so different product discussions won't be an issue.

Behind the scenes, I already have a couple of hundred hours getting the site and webhosting work done along with the posts and links I have already put on my site. Each photo takes time to edit, format, hyperlink and etc. I am adding to my new site daily and hope you guys (and gals) will start joining my forum to help get the forum going. As with all new websites and forums it takes time for a forum community to grow. I'm here for the long haul because my website is non profit based and I plan to be around a long time so I can continue to add to the site and help others. I enjoy helping others as much as I enjoy listening to my system.

I used to run my own offshore charterboat fishing business out of Galveston and I enjoyed helping others catch fish more than I enjoyed fishing myself. I have worked with handicapped kids and taken them out there in groups to fish on larger boats through donations by the big boats so they could always have something to talk about and remember because these kids are in lockdown 24 hours a day. "It is all about giving". :neil:

Thanks,

Mike Cason

(mfishmike)

Mike P........On my last visit with my doctor for my annual visit, I talked to her about my speaker problem. She said I had a severe case of "Acute Passive Radiator Syndrome", and the only cure was a healthy dose of cynanide. I passed on the suggested med.....

Edited by mfishmike