audiofever

Port up subs up question in mini suv

Hello to my car audio friends this it my first time posting.. i have a burning question. I want to put 2 15" in my ride and i want to give it the most space as possible. The problem is i have read subs up port back is the best application but i could only get the most out of it with subs up port up... how much would i be missing out on both the meter and ear by doing subs up port up?.. is it a big no no in the car audio world to use such application? thanks for the help in advance..

in my old 02 xterra, i used to run subs up port up and liked the sound better than other configurations. never really metered it tho, but i wasnt concerned with numbers. my ears were happy.

best advice, build a test box and try it out. or specify exactly what vehicle incase someone has any personal experience.

Thanks thats giving me some hope. The vehicle is a Honda Crv 2000 model 33w x 27 D x22H is the external dimention i came up with.

what about the lowz too?

mine was a 18" Fi Q in a ported box (6.5cf) at 30hz. i had no issue hitting lows. nor getting loud.

thankyoufi.jpg

port is just out of frame on the driver side. it was aprox 4"x20" or so. unfortunately, no other pics. got deleted when i moved computers.

should you go for it? hell yeah. it wont hurt to try. might cost you a sheet of mdf at the worst.

port is just out of frame on the driver side. it was aprox 4"x20" or so. unfortunately, no other pics. got deleted when i moved computers.

should you go for it? hell yeah. it wont hurt to try. might cost you a sheet of mdf at the worst.

Well thanks for the motivation, thats the thing i am in the Caribbean islands and its like $290 for a sheet kinda tough but i was going to build one with cheaper material first and then build with mdf after. Any body else have any out put on the subject?

its like $290 for a sheet kinda tough but i was going to build one with cheaper material first and then build with mdf after

holy crap. i guess i see where you are coming from.

Its recommended that your port is the same place as your cone so you wont face any phase issue. I didnt see any problem with porting with having port on a different location like you mention.

I'm having the same problem too. Having the port facing the rear hatch leaves me a 4inch space. Some says it will hit good numbers, well others won't. I gotta test test and test.

lucky you have 4" i dont have an inch only if i make the box smaller and that i do not want to do.. if i had 4'' i will work with it.

Both up will be fine. There isn't a huge enough difference that you'd notice much, and since you have only 1" of clearance on the back side port up would be a much better solution.

Both up will be fine. There isn't a huge enough difference that you'd notice much, and since you have only 1" of clearance on the back side port up would be a much better solution.

Well i think i will do it. I dont have much of a choice any way. I am more concern on the sound by ear factor than the meter.. Thanks for help guys.. If any one else want to input on this feel free to do so.