Sign in to follow this  
kingsham

Sub Searching...

I am really looking forward to getting my first system...

Right now...im pretty set on a headunit...probably a kenwood(KDC-MP735U) or pioneer(DEH-P59000IB)

But im looking heavily into Subs....Mainly the Mach 5 IXL(12.2 and 10.2) and the SSA Icon...i know there isnt a HUGE fan base for these subs but as far as getting loud...and sounding decent which is better...because i could spend 300 and get two IXL 10s but i would end up spending more money in the electrical system... I saw the Fisher Customs has a good box/woofer deal with the Icons.... All in all i want some clarity and some bass...but i dont wanna use my whole trunk up...thanks!

Did you not see the Hyundai build log that had 2 15" ICON's hit 150dB?

psh, don't get loud my ass.

i sat in a truck wit to 10 inch FI Bls....turned up.... ive also sat in a truck with 3 or 4 JL Audio w3 12s and it was stupid loud....

basically im impartial to SPL numbers...as was said any sub can get loud in proper enclosure w/ proper power...both seem to be great subs...but there are a VERY limited amount of first hand knowledge on the IXL...

just overall which sub is the better VALUE...(all factors taken into account)

but as far as getting loud...and sounding decent which is better...

Which do you want?

i would truly rather sound better...becuase i dont really care if people can hear me coming...i want it to sound good in the inside.....if its loud on the inside of the car im satisfied...so to RIckRolled's question i want to sound better....

But herein lies the issue...i would rather go with a single 12 ported...Both of these woofers are built for the low end, one is alot cheaper than the other....both seem to be quality products...what are the pros and cons to both woofers?