tezin87

Fi Bl 10 in truck

New box I built for my truck. It fits a whole lot better.

100_1651.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1653.jpg

100_1654.jpg

I'm still waiting for my new port to come in but heres a picture with an old port.

100_1655.jpg

100_1656.jpg

100_1657.jpg

I'm not sure how I should finish the box. I wanted to paint it the color of my truck which is ford's orange/red rust color but I can't find anything close to it in stores. I'm hoping you guys can give me some new suggestions on how I should finish it.

Once the port comes in I'll take pictures of it in my truck and let you know how it sounds.

Looks good. what are the deminsions of the box? What type of paint were you planning on putting on rattle can, or the kind you mix your self?

It is 36 x 12 x 6 x 9. Comes out to around 1.1@34hz after displacements. I was thinking about just going with the normal aerosol spray paint but I kind of want to do something different.

Looks good.

Thanks guys! I'll check that website out right now. Can you use rattle cans over a textured paint, like fleckstone?

Well my port came in today so I tested the new box out. The bass seemed flatter than before. And I don't mean a flat response, I mean almost like a one note wonder. Also, it wasn't nearly as loud as before.

In my old box the sub was on the passenger side and the port was in the middle of the box firing up.

The new one has sub on drivers side and port firing into the passenger side corner.

Can the new sub and port position be having a negative affect on my bass response?

Yeah, it can definetely make a difference in how the output sounds. Thats why you see so many people saying test and retest designs and placement because everything is a bit different.

I'm not real sure on what the best set-up might be for that truck because I'm a trunk guy myself.

Thanks Hayes. I guess I'm going to maybe take the port out and put the sub on the passenger side and put the port on drivers side. The only reason I didn't want to port up is because I heard so much port noise. I can't afford to keep buying new ports....$22 a pop after shipping :suicide-santa:

But my new tweeters came in today...so that's a plus.

SEAS NEW textile dome.

100_1673.jpg

100_1674.jpg

If you hear port noise then chances are something is in error with your port area.....

Fi rec. 12-16 x's the amount of net airspace for the port....

1.1 x's say 13 = 14.3 square ft of port

3" round port gives you about 7 sq ft of port area that means you would need two 3 inch round ports

If it's an Aero you may just squeez on buy with it...

I'd do a slot port sub forward port up...

We tried 3 configurations in a customers truck (toyota extra cab)... in his set up port up sub forward was the loudest to the ear BUT Sub forward port on the drivers side yielded .2 dbs more..

I don't really have enough room in my truck to fit a slot ported enclosure condsidering it is a regular cab. I already cut out the passenger side rear speaker trim to allow this box to fit, and I have the Sundown amp mounted to the drivers side rear speaker mount panel (if you look at my other build log you'll see what I'm talking about). Maybe this weekend I'll cut that off too and see if I can fit a regular slot ported box in there and just mount both amps on top of the enclosure. Thanks for the tip theabunai. :)