defj

what really pisses me off

moderators making all these damn rules,20 posts outside the forsale section or else you cant list items,please i have 34 according to this board,pry 30 of them came from the classified section.but truth be known i was around from the very begining when mark first thought up this damn place.i can tell you why i dont post much here,its because of half of you dildos who think you run this place,well without me and a handfull of others who originally contributed to this more as a local board,you peckerheads wouldn't have a place to be keyboard commandos and act like your chit doesn't stink.theres other stuff that bothers me too,but i really don't feel like posting more since i'm sure this will just get deleted by some little biotch.i shouldnt let you people get to me since half of you couldn't compare to my track record in the spl world.

That rule was made to stop scammers who go from board to board posting things with a post count of one and screwing a lot of people. I think it is pretty necessary. Just hang around and post outside of the for sale forum, it isn't that bad. Just chill man.

moderators making all these damn rules,20 posts outside the forsale section  or else you cant list items,please i have 34 according to this board,pry 30 of them came from the classified section.but truth be known i was around from the very begining when mark first thought up this damn place.i can tell you why i dont post much here,its because of half of you dildos who think you run this place,well without me and a handfull of others who originally contributed to this more as a local board,you peckerheads wouldn't have a place to be keyboard commandos and act like your chit doesn't stink.theres other stuff that bothers me too,but i really don't feel like posting more since i'm sure this will just get deleted by some little biotch.i shouldnt let you people get to me since half of you couldn't compare to my track record in the spl world.

so who's being a keyboard commando? you're the one spouting off at the keyboard.

and other then the classified area, just where have us "dildo's" used our moderator powers so much that you don't want to post here? i've been here quite awhile as well, i too was part of the earlier forum, and i don't ever recall any moderator here really exerting a bunch of power.

and again, like 97 just posted, that rule is in place to protect YOU from being scammed. is it foolproof? of course not...but at least it's there. besides, if a person has outside reference's, we'll (i'll) let it go, regardless of post count. but we don't want to be known as a "classified section" forum only. we want everyone contributing....

"moderators making all these damn rules"...kinda our job isn't it?

and with 27 outa 34 posts in the classifieds...just how in the hell have u contributed enuff to this board to even hint at that you helped make it what it is?

and regardless of your spl track record, it's the track record here that counts. and if your that good there, why don't you contribute that much here?

climb off your high horse, if the classified area is your only gripe, you don't have much to complain about. sheesh..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i have had posts deleted,friends banned from the board because they were too vocal about there views versus a moderators views.when this board first started there were maybe a dozen local NY competitors that would post,then a trash talking section opened up and everyone and their gramma got on just to spout off.this board has been renewed(lack of better term) so many times,thousands of posts disappeared all the way back to i would guess 2000.so my post count would be considerably higher if they were still around.i just think this is a classic case of too many chiefs too few indians

I personally don't see anything wrong anywhere. I personally love this board more than any other. I can see your gripe, but take someone like me, who wasn't here when the board originally started. I don't know you or anything about you, therefore, I wouldn't feel comfortable purchasing anything from you. I know, you're going to say, "fine then, just don't post or complain," but the thing is, other people may not pay attention to stuff like that or they may just be niave. I think the rule is a good one, and should stay no matter what anyone says.

I don't see anyone on here who thinks they are better than anyone else, so what's the deal. Aren't we all here to help each other and learn and what not?

I'm not into the SPL game nor do I care about it, but with your "expertise" I would appreciate hearing some of your thoughts/ideas on things, so I think we would all love some more contribution from you.

As for posting more about what ticks you off, I say go for it. I know if there's something I don't like, I'm ghonna raise hell about it; that's just how I am, and I personally feel people raising hairs will get the bad things worked out.

Have a good day!

defj I know you have been around, if you have a problem please PM me or mark instead of lashing out at the boards when the problem can be fixed very easy

i should clarify myself cause i guess it makes me look like an arseho if i dont,i dont think i'm better than anyone as a person,but when it comes to audio,i know what i'm doing and what i want so therefor i dont post alot when it comes to "need help topics" or "what should i go with"topics.that takes care of pry 50% of the posts on this place.and i cant stand off topic or general sections,so i dont even go there,so whats that leave me?SPL section,and classifieds.well nothing ever goes on in the SPL section interesting so i go to other boards,mostly just to read,with an occasional post.and i'm sure there are many other people like that.why should that keep us from posting and offering deals to other people.like Tirefryr said,just dont buy from a person if your not comfortable.anyone can be a postwhore and get 20 posts,i may just get that many from this thread alone.denim thanks but anyone who knows me i speak what i feel,so private messages dont do it for me.

well because I know you and many of the old boys do too, can you go ahead and repost your listing and I will close this topic, deal?????

i have had posts deleted,friends banned from the board because they were too vocal about there views versus a moderators views.when this board first started there were maybe a dozen local NY competitors that would post,then a trash talking section opened up and everyone and their gramma got on just to spout off.this board has been renewed(lack of better term) so many times,thousands of posts disappeared all the way back to i would guess 2000.so my post count would be considerably higher if they were still around.i just think this is a classic case of too many chiefs too few indians

i remember when this happened...i lost my mod status then because i felt that the trash talking forum should have been allowed to do just that. ppl said mods should be above the flame section and i said they shouldn't. i also said if u didn't like a particular thread/section..don't read it. how hard was that?

on to ur current gripe.....

i like the fact u speak ur mind...i like the fact u'll throw it out in public...so as a person, i have no problems with u.

where i do have a problem is this..the post count rule is there to let ppl know that the person has been around awhile...if u're not a post whore..fine. i see where u're coming from...that's why i said the 20 post rule would be exempted if u could post 10 references from ebay, ca.com, sin whereever. post the link to ur ebay s/n...most forums now have a feedback sectiopn of sorts..post links to those..whatever....just let potential buyers know ur not a scammer (not saying u as in being specific, but in general)....again, how hard is that? is it not fair?

i don't think ur an ass or anything like that..but i believe that if this forum is going to maintain a certain level of intelligent conversation, then rules need to be enforced. we don't want this place to turn into car or ca.com or whatever.

and already having 20+ posts (even if the majority was in the for sale section, plus i knew ur s/n) u weren't endanger of losing any posts anyway.

i think it's a good rule and i'll keep enforcing it, until i'm told otherwise.

i've given ppl a backdoor (the feedback exemption)..so if they are on the up and up, they have no worries.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

denim again thanks for trying to help,and mrray as long as you leave my stuff alone,i wont have any further problem(screw everyone else)lol.i just dont think you can totally rely on the post count b/c what happens if a newbie is hard up for cash,has no references and unfortunaly just gotten access to a computer?is it fair to him as a seller to say too bad you need 16 more posts?or even is it fair to me as a buyer to lose out on possibly a really good deal just b/c he lacks posts.there's a saying i learned early in law class caveat emptor which means let the buyer beware,if your too stupid or lazy to ask for references or do alittle research on things,than maybe you should stick to the retail shops

can we close this topic now?