Anyone have a favorite 6" sub? JL 6w0, Adire Audio 6", Rockford 6"? Looking for something for the rear deck of the Saturn. toss some baffles in there so they aren't going free air.

I like the RF Power HX2.

Another one I'd note is the Morel HU631 ... I think that's the model number - it's a 6".

- Steve

Partsexpress.com has some sweet looking Tang Band 6.5's subs that do 12mm xmax. Great price too.

steve....rf had 6" hx2's??

petey......focal has some mean 5.25" subs. they are fairly expensive, but they do get loud.

kicker makes the ssmb 6.5". technically a midbass, but if x-overed correctly and used with a subsonic filter, they do a good job of adding lowend. i know of a pair of ssmb 6.5's old nib that can be had fairly cheap(he also has the new model)..and he has the last known nib(that's what i'm told) pair of ssmb 8's.

either would be a good choice..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I thought about the Focals, and I may if I get a trim plate that converts my 6.5's into 5.25's which isn't that bad. I have seen the Focals used for about $65 a pop on Ebay.

I don't remember what they were ... were yours 8's or 6.5's? I can't remember - I think that's what I'm getting mixed up on.

- Steve

I don't remember what they were ... were yours 8's or 6.5's? I can't remember - I think that's what I'm getting mixed up on.

- Steve

mine, now my bro-in-law's, were indeed punch hx2 8's. rated 400wrms each, they gobbled up well over 500wrms each and in a 1.75ft^3 enclosure, 4" rd port tuned to 45hz, and a memphis 1000d pushing them...i got a best of 139.6 on a AC mic in a full size x-cab ram.

they are now being pushed by that same amp,and same enclosure, in a full size x-cab silverado.

awesome lil subs...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: