Sign in to follow this  
chans

Fi Q 12" vs AA Havoc 12"

Hi everyone ...

I am confuse to decide which better and suit to my system. I used HAT Legatia 3way, and now consider to used Fi or AA product. Which better between Fi Q 12" vs AA Havoc 12" with sealed box for SQ competition ??? I will drive it by Genesis dual mono extreem bridge @ 4ohm.

Is it true to compared Q with Havoc ??? or Q should compared with Chaos series or another ??? is Havoc for SQ like Q series ??? Can Havoc play SPL also ???

I also want to build fun SPL car here. For the msrp under USD $400.00 which AA's product would be better for fun / daily used SPL ??? Arsenal or Chaos series ???

Thanks for help me.....

ok so it sounds to me like you want sq right? but why would u mention spl? your not gonna make a 1 q or havoc push great numbers.. your kinda confusing me, what are you lookin for? what kinda car? how much room to work with

Yes, I want to SQ car .... but I want to make some fun SPL competition here, so I want bring sub for SPL also to another car.

Thanks

Ok.

As far as a Q vs Havoc: they are very similar subs. They sound VERY alike... probably so alike that you could not tell much a difference between the two. I, personally, would choose the Havoc because it looks better and is rated to take a little more power.

And for your SPL sub, get a Fi BTL... a 12" BTL will cost you less than 400, and it is STRAIGHT SPL.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

That is a link to the BTL subwoofers.

You are wanting to get two subwoofers right? Because SPL and SQ are completely opposite...

Edited by nick_19

yeah, I want to get two subwoofer ...

Can Genesis DMX bridge drive Havoc 12" well ???

How about BTL vs Mayhem series ??? is it correct to compare like Havoc vs Q ??? which better for SPL ???

How about the quality of Assassin, Arsenal, and Chaos series from AA ??? could you share some information because AA website as not like Fi which has good informational products.

Thanks ...

Yeah... It is rated at 800 watts bridged, but says it "typically" puts out 1000, so it will push it well.

As far as BTL vs Mayhem, they are both SPL woofers. The Mayhem will probably cost you a lot more than a base BTL without any options would.

Yes, it is correct to compare the Havoc to the Q... They are very similar woofers with fairly similar goals (they are both SQ/daily woofers). As I said, the two woofers sound very alike, so your choice can be based on price (the Q is cheaper), looks, and maybe even the petty differences between the two.

Look at this website for more info on AA drivers-

http://www.bladeice.com/ascendant.php

How about BTL vs Mayhem series ??? is it correct to compare like Havoc vs Q ??? which better for SPL ???

How about the quality of Assassin, Arsenal, and Chaos series from AA ??? could you share some information because AA website as not like Fi which has good informational products.

The Havoc is louder down low, the Q has a little more output approaching 80hz. Unless you are tuning the sub really high, I would suspect that the Havoc would generally meter higher.

The Havoc gives you a little more output and slightly better SQ for the extra $$$. Whether it is worth it is purely up to you.

All of AA's stuff is top notch for the price range. I haven't heard a better sub at each price point, with the exception of Fi. Keep in mind that AA is sold exclusively through dealers so there isn't a whole lot of info on the website. So the assumption is that you have to go to a dealer to get more info.

To quickly describe all of AA's lines...

Assassin, Arsenal, Chaos - all-around good performers with varying power handling capacities.

Havoc - flagship LSQ sub

Mayhem - flagship SPL sub

There is more to it than this of course!

I have not heard a Havoc sealed, but I loved the Q sealed. :)

Thank you for the info ....

I just received the Havoc 12" from my forwarder agent. After opened the box, the first time I saw the Havoc, impressed. Very "handsome" and muscular than any other sub I ever see... very good cone, spider and voice coils.... only the basket cast / frame similar with some OEM sub ....

Next tomorrow I will replace Phase Aliante 12" Ltd with Havoc and Genesis DMX amp will drive it ....

I will review later ...

Sign in to follow this