sick6ness

What is your favorite Classical Music Artists?

Wondering what everyone listens to. Haven't really found much good new classical music. My favorite right now

Artist: Mike Oldfield

Album: Music Of The Spheres

Year: 2008

Edited by sick6ness

I don't know if I'd consider Oldfield to be "classical". Instrumental, yes :)

Haven't really found much good new classical music.

Honestly, there isn't a lot of it. The costs of renting out space for a full orchestra, paying union wages...for anything but soundtrack albums make it prohibitive for all but the biggest ensembles, it seems. There aren't too many von Karajans left...

I don't know if I'd consider Oldfield to be "classical". Instrumental, yes :)
Haven't really found much good new classical music.

Honestly, there isn't a lot of it. The costs of renting out space for a full orchestra, paying union wages...for anything but soundtrack albums make it prohibitive for all but the biggest ensembles, it seems. There aren't too many von Karajans left...

I figured since it was symphony orchestra is was "classical". What do you mostly listen to, what do you put up against your system to test it's abilities? (classical type or something close)

Classical music is the progenitor of pretty much everything we listen to. The music is highly complicated and difficult to reproduce in a quality manner compared to much of the mainstream crap we have now. Classical composers like Bizet (Marche), Verde (Aida)and especially the heavy organ compositions of Bach (especially Toccata & Fugue in D minor) will give your system a very intensive workout and open things up in your system response curves that will blow your mind.

I enjoy Phillip Glass, I don't know if I have a favorite artist though though.

What do you mostly listen to, what do you put up against your system to test it's abilities? (classical type or something close)

Lot of the "typical" stuff...Vivaldi, Bach...Mahler a lot as well.

My favorite peice is by orf, Carmina, or requiem d by Mozart.

I love lovely ludwig von

Organ tunes are amazing but I don't really know which I have heard that I liked by name.

for non orchestra, moonlight sonata is always amazing. The peice is amazing, but the cadence(?) how it feels almost off beat but it's perfect.

I am also a fan of Isle of the dead by Rachmaninoff

I should stop posting in here I think lol.

Yeah I have a load of demo's and Alpines - Speed of Sound disc has Tocatta In D Minor - Bach - Don Dorsey. Really love how it sounds on the Hybrids.

Thank you all for your inputs I will check all the artists out!

I grew up with Chopin, Mozart, Vivaldi, and some Bach. I don't listen to classical enough anymore.