lately my kicker zx1000.1 has been acting wierd, when i first set everything up, it sounded great, then, not so great. before the sub was broken in ( a 12'' fi fully loaded bl in a 2.25 cu ft box tuned at 32 hz), i had the gains set and everything with the dmm. now, at the same voltage, my sub sounds like its distorting badly, and i have to turn the gain all the way down. my hu's setting are set to -2 of all bass enhancement. and im not using the bass knob for the amp either. do fi bl's sound like this when theyre broken in? i know there more of a spl type sub made to get loud, but i have only had 2 other subs so i may just be overreacting. any help guys?

no the bls dont sound bad after break in.... have you check your wires, settings and bos to ensure it has not be driven apart?

I checked the rca's, the wiring on the sub, and nothings broken or loose. im coming to realize its just the cd, but its an actual bought cd, so the quality shouldnt suck ass on it, anyone else have problems with jeezy's cds? just on his my gain needs to be set wayyy down otherwise when the sub starts playing low notes it sounds like its bottoming out. now when i pop in booty bounce bopper on a burnt cd, it wangs like crazy and sounds clean. so is it possible that the cd could have been causing it?

booty bounce bopper

haha. maybe jeezy just uses some basslines below your tune? rap artists sometimes also crank the bassline level when they record and may even record a clipped signal.

Sounds like you're just playing below tuning. What is your subsonic filter set at?

the zx1000.1 doesnt have a variable setting for the subsonic. just an on and off switch.

so if its playing below the tuning, does that hurt my sub? or just make it sound like its distorting?

indeed jezzy does offten play very low.. also if your burning cd often a bad recording will render sound.. i have one cd that has great songs but no bang bang...

yea iTunes records chitty as hell on burning cds. the iPod sounds alot better though for some reason. idk all the settings for burning cds so if someone let me know thatd be awesome.