Sign in to follow this  
JIF

assassin recone

I have... had a pair of the original Assassin 12's until my amp decided to burn. One driver went to hell and the speaker wires actually melted off the other. Surprisingly, the speaker wire saved the second driver, but the other is a paper weight. Is it cost effective to shoot for a recone, or would it almost be better to pick out a new pair of entry level subs? Thanks

Are they the new style, or the older ones (stamped steel basket, or aluminum 12 spoke)? I would have to ask Scott what he can do if it is an old style. . .

Assuming new style, you would save some money if you can recone yourself. If you ship it for AA to recone, I am going to guess it is not worth the expense due to added shipping costs.

If you are interested in a price on new Assassins, give me your zip code, and I can have the correct person contact you with a quote.

Brian

It's the older basket. I wouldn't mind swapping the parts myself. It would be a fun experience if the price is right I'll do both. If I go new I'm not going w/ assassin's. The issue being a regular cab truck ('99 f-250 super duty). I managed 5 cubes and a 7 inch mounting depth, which is beefy for a single cab, but if I upgrade I'm going with a blow through.

Edited by JIF

No original basket recone kits. If you send it to AA for recone, they will use different soft parts from what is in there now, so you would have to recone both if you want them to match.

With shipping costs, you would be better off to sell the good one and put the money toward whatever you new setup will be.

Brian

Ok, that confirms my hunch. Anyone want an OG Assassin 12? Thanks, guess I have an excuse to go shopping.... and cutting

Only real difference is the cone body and the surround. We use a foam surround now, yours should have the rubber surround...

Thanks!

-Nick

Sign in to follow this