Sign in to follow this  
SKEEMASK

4 refurbed 1500Ds

I have dual 1ohm subs...was looking to do 2-3000Ds strapped @ 1ohm but was told that I would benefit more from 4-1500s. Im still undecided if I want to go with a Atomic 7K or get 4 refurbished 1500Ds. What kinda power do u think Id get out of 4 with a 250amp alt, 2 runs of 2/0 welding cable, 1 Deka 9A78DT up front and 3-9A31s in the rear? Do u think Id get more out of the Atomic or 4 1500s, both are around the same price....(I know this is a Sundown thread but please be honest)

Edited by SKEEMASK

If you have the space hands down go with the SAZ 1500.1's.... You should be around 3000 watts of power on each!! And that's being alittle low on the guess of power on each sub.. You may get alot more if your set up is right (voltage) Hand's Down SUNDOWN All The Way!!!! You have to feel the POWER!!!

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

Edited by twistedcopperhead

If you have the space hands down go with the SAZ 1500.1's.... You should be around 3000 watts of power on each!! And that's being alittle low on the guess of power on each sub.. You may get alot more if your set up is right (voltage) Hand's Down SUNDOWN All The Way!!!! You have to feel the POWER!!!

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

You won't get anywhere NEAR 3kW on each 1500D. Not even on 17v

do 4 sundown 1500d cuz there more efficient than the 7k and on top of that they look better...lol

u can get 2k out of them easy

You won't get anywhere NEAR 3kW on each 1500D. Not even on 17v

I think he means per woofer he'll have over 3k.

Let me restate what I frist said. That's about 3000 per sub. Not each amp. (sorry typed wrong!!)

Robert Wyatt

Team Twisted Mayhem

Team Sundown Audio

Team T3 Audio

Team Massive Audio

Proud Dad of a MECA Kid

Edited by twistedcopperhead

I was gonna buy 4 of the old heat sink 1500s from a trusted dealer. Dont wanna call his name cuz I dont want anyone to go and buy em up before I do,lol. But Jacob knows who Im talking about. Strap 2 and 2 and then gain match the 2 pair. 1 @ 1ohm on each coil.

You can use a phone cord splitter so your remote knob will control BOTH master amps. No need to gain match that way if you trust yourself setting it by ear. That's how I run mine...

Sign in to follow this