Sign in to follow this  
2noma0s

fi bl vs. re audio sx

i decided to put this in the right forum section this time. my question is which sub would be better suited for me. ive got a gmc sonoma ext. cab and im wanting 2 15's ported but i want something thats gonna be loud but sound good doing it. any help is appreciated

o and im planning on using a memphis 2500d. i havent gotten it yet but i could get a good deal on a brand new one. but any suggestions would be appreciated

The kind of car/space you have determines what kind of enclosure to put your speakers in. Two 15's ported will be very loud, especially with their rated power. It's not all in the speaker. It's mostly the install. Meaning hopefully you have experience with box making.

But if you want my personal opinion on which company to choose, its Fi hands down.

o and im planning on using a memphis 2500d. i havent gotten it yet but i could get a good deal on a brand new one. but any suggestions would be appreciated

Then your going to have to start thinking about electrical upgrades. You might want to start with the Big 3, and a High Output Alternator, and 2 maybe 3 betteries.

And I would do all of this before buying your sub and amp.

i have no experience with the bl's

but i have owned sx's and they can sound darn good, and get fairly loud.

they can take about 1500rms daily some will say they can handle closer to 1800, but that will really depend on the user.

a fairer vs. would have been the q's vs. sx's.

at which i would give the nod to the fi q's because i think they sound better.

well ive already had that planned with the electrical upgrade. cause im running an optima red top as a starter and im gonna run 2 or 3 yellow tops one for the mids and highs one for the subs and another for my bags and gonna do the big 3 upgrade along with a 230 amp alternator i believe. im just tryin to figure which would be a better choice for me. and i no that if a box isnt built right then it can make it sound like chit. but im not gonna make the box theres a guy in town that does really good on boxes

Edited by 2noma0s

well ive already had that planned with the electrical upgrade. cause im running an optima red top as a starter and im gonna run 2 or 3 yellow tops one for the mids and highs one for the subs and another for my bags and gonna do the big 3 upgrade along with a 230 amp alternator i believe. im just tryin to figure which would be a better choice for me. and i no that if a box isnt built right then it can make it sound like chit. but im not gonna make the box theres a guy in town that does really good on boxes

Both the SX and the BL are very good woofers. But if you want to look at the whole package, like customer service and ease of a helpful staff, then go with Fi. Not everyone gets to speak with the owner of a company of which they purchased an item from.

Edited by chad

BL's allday.

SX's wang and sound good...

i mean they both are good subs

IIRC Scott mentioned that the SX has more motor force than the Q but less than the BL.

Good choice.