Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

new box and amp for Mag

I just made a deal on a PPI PC2350 (thanks tirefryr for the heads up) and am going to build a new box for my mag to go with it. Right now my 15 is in a 2 cuft sealed box and I can hear that I need it in a little bigger of a box to get lower. Would 3 cuft be too much sealed? I can't wait to hear how this baby sounds with 1400 watts being thrown at it.

3 cubes will be awesome! Just watch that gain knob.

should I go 2.5cuft or 3cuft????

also the displacement of a 15Mag is about .3 right?

well after seeing how much space I want to take up in my trunk. My new box will come out to 2.65cuft after driver disp.

Got my PC2350 in and finished my new box. Just gotta let it sit over night to let the sealant dry, and the gorilla glue. The box comes to 2.45cuft. a little bigger than the previous 2.0cuft box it was in. Hopefully I should be able to tell a little difference.

Not to mention pumping about 12-1400 watts to it.

pics to come.

pics to come.

Hurry up!! :D :4123357f3da0f6e125a54:

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!

HOLY ****! I thought the Mag was impressive with just 600 watts on it. I can not even describe how this sucker performs now with my PC2350 on it. The gain is about half way up and this sucker is pumpin!!

I haven't carpeted my box yet but will get some pics up today hopefully, if I can get my memory stick reader to work properly. I never had a problem with it until I had to reformat my computer and a reinstall my OS. Now it says there is no driver for it and the website says for win2k it does not need a driver download. who knows.

Cool. I'm glad you like it. :D If I could fit a 15 in my car I'd do it instead of a 12...but a 15" inbetween the seats of a del Sol won't be too comfortable. ;)

Cool.  I'm glad you like it.  :D   If I could fit a 15 in my car I'd do it instead of a 12...but a 15" inbetween the seats of a del Sol won't be too comfortable.  ;)

I wouldn't say I like it, I absolutly love this sub! it is amazing. Sounds much better now in the new box as well. the extra room really did alot for it. It was in a 2.0cuft box. now all I need is *cough* SI 8" midbass *cough* j/k. I know you are hard at work on trying to get back up and running.

Cool.  I'm glad you like it.  :D   If I could fit a 15 in my car I'd do it instead of a 12...but a 15" inbetween the seats of a del Sol won't be too comfortable.  ;)

I could make it work. :glare:

Time for an electrical upgrade!!

this PC2350 is really sucking some power from my system. So I am going to have to give it quite a bit of power.

Should I get an Optima battery first or a HO alt first???? can't do both at once. How much do HO alts run? and how do I determine how big of an alt to get?

When all is said and done I will have all these amps running in my system:

PPI PC2150 (2 x 150)

PPI PC2350 (1 x 1400)

2 - PPI PC250 (1 x 100)

Go for the alt first. Wouldn't go less than 150. Make sure you get something with a high "HOT" rating.

know of a good place to get an alt? I have heard alot about Iraggi Alts (and his shop is about 10 minutes from my house, so that might work out).

know of a good place to get an alt? I have heard alot about Iraggi Alts (and his shop is about 10 minutes from my house, so that might work out).

I have heard a lot of good things about Dom's stuff, but the few bad things I have read would lead me personally to not deal with him. Being as you are so close, this may not be a problem. Biggest problem I have read about is lack of communication. BEing so close, I suppose thi wouldn;t be a problem as it's a matter of taking a drive if something goes wrong. Might as well give it a shot.

Know of any other HO Alt dealers??? any websites or phone numbers I could call/visit?

So now I have installed my new box (which I am very pleased with, especially since it is my 3rd box ever. 1st was a ported that was waaaay too big and probably not tuned correctly, second was too small, this one.. just right) and amp and am very happy with the performance of them together. Now I just need to get some elec upgrade. Looks like I will be doing the "big 3" this weekend maybe.

I also have been working on installing my new set of DA Hex comps. I had them replace under warranty do to crossover failure. I ran all new wire though the doors to the cab back to the trunk where I am putting the crossovers this time. I got the passenger side all done and am going to work on the driver side tonight. I have to solve a water leak problem on the driver side first (gotta find where its coming from). This is my first component install and it was a pain in the A** but I am glad I did it the right way, the shop that first did it just spliced into the factory wiring and had a crappy about to fall off baffle the mid was mounted too.

Now I have to tackle setting my HU EQ, etc. correctly. That is the real PAIN! I have a Alpine 9813 and the EQ and Crossover, I am just not good at setting on this thing. So any tips on some settings for it are very welcome. Sorry this reply is so long. Can't wait to get a mid bass driver to work with and install. (patiently awaiting SI)

I love my 9813, but everyone's settings are going to be different. Download the instruction manual from alpines website if you lost yours and read the manual. It pretty explicit on how to set up time delay. It also goes through setting up the freq, slope, and level of your outputs fairly well.

This deck really packs alot into a small package, lots to play with! read the directions and follow them to the t and you should be golden.

I have and had it set pretty good but then my HU was disconnected and lost all my settings so I have to go through it all again.

I really just don't understand the "Q" setting

now one of the tweeters is cutting out. Not sure what the hell is going on with it. But it is pissing me off.. Time to trouble shoot it.

well I think I have a bunk tweeter. Swapped the tweeters to the opposite crossover and the same tweeter still does it. It is all brand new wire from speakers to crossovers in the trunk. So now I have to call a DA dealer and see about ordering a tweeter. This sucks.