tezin87

1999 Ranger regular cab

Well.....I've switched over to (2) 10'' SSA ICONS sealed from a 10'' Fi BL in 1.25ft^3@33hz. I couldn't get enough port area for a decent ported box so I was forced to ditch the BL. Here's a list of the equipment:

Powermaster xs1200

Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Pioneer Premier Ts-c720 w/ Seas tweets

Sundown 100.2

(2) 10'' ICONS in 1.4ft^3 sealed

JL 1000/1

100_1749.jpg

100_1750.jpg

100_1692.jpg

100_1693.jpg

100_1697.jpg

100_1691.jpg

How I traced the cutout

100_1702.jpg

Cut with a jigsaw

100_1703.jpg

100_1704.jpg

Two-piece back to get around the hump on the back of the cab

100_1705.jpg

Pic with a 10'' BL

100_1711.jpg

100_1713.jpg

100_1714.jpg

I made this out of leftover scrap from a previous build and I came up short on wood. I ran out and picked up a 3/4'' birch ply handy panel for the sides

100_1715.jpg

100_1716.jpg

100_1718.jpg

Not the best paint job but I wasn't going for looks

100_1726.jpg

100_1721.jpg

Edited by KHARPS

Looks like it will do the job.

A little sanding and priming before paint would've drastically improved the results. But it's gonna be behind your seat so who cares?

I did some sanding by hand but since it was just going behind the seats I didn't do it too much. I used primer as well but it was so humid out that there was no way I was going to get a decent paint job so I just rushed through it....oh well.

Here's the room I'm working with....

100_1752.jpg

The second Icon should be waiting for me when I get home from work today. But I have to hurry up and get it in and immediately leave to go move in to my new house at school. But...the 2.5hr drive each way will give me plenty of listening time :)

did pretty well with the more complicated design. those are some pretty beefy mids. did you do those door panels custom with the red? that looks pretty awesome.

and you really need to clean out your garage.

Haha yeah it's my parents house....my cousin just passed away and we got a bunch of his stuff (including my amp) and I'm in the process of moving into a different house at school so the garage is cluttered with random chit right now.

I got the truck about 5 years ago from some guy. He had the front bumper valance, the windshield wiper arms, the antenna, and all the interior pieces painted, as well as reversing the tailgate handle to the inside of the bed (which broke off by the way).

The truck:

100_1765.jpg

Final set-up....I need to clean up the wires still:

100_1764.jpg

They sound wonderful, I love them! They do just fine with 500 watts. There is no need to send 1000watts + to them, but I wish I could just for the heck of it.

The truck:

100_1765.jpg

Final set-up....I need to clean up the wires still:

100_1764.jpg

They sound wonderful, I love them! They do just fine with 500 watts. There is no need to send 1000watts + to them, but I wish I could just for the heck of it.

looks good bro, only thing I would change is the paint prep. but if you're happy thats all that matters

Yeah I did a piss-poor sanding job. But the only part of the box thats visible is a little piece of the corner that sticks out past the passenger seat, so it really doesn't bother me that it doesn't look perfect. But boy does it sound good! How's your box coming along by the way?

Yeah I did a piss-poor sanding job. But the only part of the box thats visible is a little piece of the corner that sticks out past the passenger seat, so it really doesn't bother me that it doesn't look perfect. But boy does it sound good! How's your box coming along by the way?

its 10:30 at night on a saturday and im about to go work on it instead of going to the bar. Im going a bit different route than most, everyone seems to think a 6" aero port would be awsome, I happen to think two 3x5 external box ports would be pretty sweet ( and a hell of alot cheaper )

Im going to go put them together now, spent all day laying them out cutting pieces etc, I should be updating my threads with new pics later tonight, if everything goes as planned I will be installing it all tomorrow ( minus painting the box, I want to make sure it sounds good before I spend the time and money filling snading and painting it )

squeezed those puppies in there! great job man!

Thanks buddy, I just wish I could give these guys the power and space they deserve. But they just sound good as it is.

Nice job. I like how simple the layout looks compared to before. How do those pioneer's sound? Weren't you running RSD's before?

Nice job. I like how simple the layout looks compared to before. How do those pioneer's sound? Weren't you running RSD's before?

Thanks bigbruno....The Pioneers sound great! They deserve to be run active though, I've read they really come to life then. You're right, I did have the RSD's....for about a week, then the passenger side crapped out on me. I like the Pioneers a lot more than the RSDs but the RSDs can be found new for under $100. I bought these Pioneer's used for $100, but one of the tweeters was blown. I'd take a used set of the Pioneers over a new set of the PGs any day though.

:) :) :) :)

I can't say enough about them. :D They sound incredible with all types of music and get plenty loud with only 500 watts each. I might have to make a video.....just because it could possibly help someone who is in the same position as I am (small truck with 0 space) with picking a substage that has the potential to get loud (and sound amazing!) without taking up a lot of room. Thanks J for the subs and Aaron for helping me out with my random questions.

Awesome setup, especially with no room. I do have to say one thing to you though....Bag that truck!

Awesome setup, especially with no room. I do have to say one thing to you though....Bag that truck!

Thanks man. I would definitely bag it if I had the money. It's hard to get the things you want when you can only work for 3-4 months a summer and one month during the winter for the past 6 years. But hopefully I'll graduate this year and start making some real money (knock on wood). The truck is in great condition (only 74,000 miles) minus some hail damage and paint scratches and such. But I plan on keeping it around for a while to use as a project truck in the future, after I get a new vehicle. Kind of hard to work on a daily driver. I'd love to bag it, full blow through, and put some nice wheels on there. If only I could hit lotto!

Thanks...I think making a template out of cardboard like that and a jigsaw is as accurate as you're going to get without a router and a jasper jig. I need to invest in a router and a belt sander for my next box though.

lol good thing my installer friend works for a big box store, i get to use all his shop tools :) I spoke to him today and he said to me..........." if you want the Brahma, get the Brahma...ill make it fit" lol....im excited.