Mark LaFountain

Two ICON 10s Found a new home today

Decided to go above recommended and build with a touch more air space. Here's the specs...

Intenal Volume: 3.16ft^3

Tuning Freq: 31hz

Port Area: 60.75in^2

So far I think this is by far the best sounding set up that has been in the Hyundai. Very nice and flat response at this tuning. I really want more power on it soon though. I'm running a SAZ-1500D @ 2 ohms :( Probably Gonna get a SAZ-3000d in there when they come in stock. Anyways...on to the pics.

dual10s%20007.JPG

dual10s%20008.JPG

dual10s%20009.JPG

dual10s%20010.JPG

dual10s%20011.JPG

dual10s%20012.JPG

dual10s%20013.JPG

dual10s%20014.JPG

dual10s%20015.JPG

dual10s%20016.JPG

Wow, it looks really good! Those 10's look to small for that Hyundai though! The box is purdy...

i got a 1500D u can barrow which might come over tommorrow :) hah

such a clean sounding setup u got now. best one by far!

Looks great. :)

Wow, it looks really good! Those 10's look to small for that Hyundai though! The box is purdy...

Actually that pic is very deceiving. Before all displacements including the wood displacment, it is 6.07ft^3. Takes up most of my hatch area of the truck. Nice part that I like about it is I can still put things in the truck because for the first time, I don't have a rear firing box :)

why thank you

Looks good man, I'm liking that double flush mount look.

thanks, I was getting bored with the traditional method.

It looks real good....I wish I had the room for a low tuned ported box for my 10'' Icons, and more power. But they sound so good with only 500 each in a small sealed box as it is. Awesome subs!

Decided to go above recommended and build with a touch more air space. Here's the specs...

Intenal Volume: 3.16ft^3

Tuning Freq: 31hz

Port Area: 60.75in^2

So far I think this is by far the best sounding set up that has been in the Hyundai. Very nice and flat response at this tuning. I really want more power on it soon though. I'm running a SAZ-1500D @ 2 ohms :( Probably Gonna get a SAZ-3000d in there when they come in stock. Anyways...on to the pics.

why don't you run it at .5ohm? or maybe even 1 ohm? that would be more satisfying til the 3000d came in. be careful as hell if you try half, not many things in the world run safely that low.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Perhaps he doesn't want to void his warranty right off the bat? :)

I personally think an Icon doesn't need more than a few hundred watts at all, but that's just me :)

my bad, didnt know that half was voiding terms. but one doesnt void it, surely not...?

my bad, didnt know that half was voiding terms. but one doesnt void it, surely not...?

The amplifier is ratted and warrantied at 1ohm mono. But as Jim mentioned above, just because an Icon can take plenty of power, it does not mean that it needs it.

I personally think an Icon doesn't need more than a few hundred watts at all, but that's just me :)

Quoted for effect. :)

thanks. I just got home yesterday after a three week stent of being back east. Got to hear it for the first time in a while. woohh, I still love it.