Sign in to follow this  
drapedupDTS

recone finally finished and done...

Finished the recone on a fully loaded BTL 15 today and this thing sounds even better than what I wouldve ever guess... I have one question though... I brought the sub to a friend who owns a shop to get the recone and after playin it a bit... Pulled up to a friends house and noticed the dust cap fell off, so I bought some more epoxy 5 min loctite and put it back on no problems. After expecting my little glue job the dust is maybe 1/16 of a inch off from where it used to be. Will this hinder the subs performance at all? Its sounds fine to me, still loud as chit...(My wife said it sounds like a machine guns going off in the trunk.LOL) this is only a temp system... Next system is 3 12 Fi Qs with a 1500d on each one... But that's next year!!! Any input would be great. Thanks

Finished the recone on a fully loaded BTL 15 today and this thing sounds even better than what I wouldve ever guess... I have one question though... I brought the sub to a friend who owns a shop to get the recone and after playin it a bit... Pulled up to a friends house and noticed the dust cap fell off, so I bought some more epoxy 5 min loctite and put it back on no problems. After expecting my little glue job the dust is maybe 1/16 of a inch off from where it used to be. Will this hinder the subs performance at all? Its sounds fine to me, still loud as chit...(My wife said it sounds like a machine guns going off in the trunk.LOL) this is only a temp system... Next system is 3 12 Fi Qs with a 1500d on each one... But that's next year!!! Any input would be great. Thanks

should be fine.

Are you sure you want to do that to your family car?

Oh... Didn't clarify, gettin a new car 91 cadillac fleetwood broughm soon, that's the system and I'm thinkin 4 12s instead... The BTL is a temp system until I give wife the keys to my 02 deville... Which is gonna hurt. This is my first setup though, my wife loves it. Its rare when you find a women who doesn't mind me and my hobbies. When I give the over to her in a few months she wants some memphis flats.hear by far the BTL is the loudest 1 15 trunk setup around.people are suprised to see one sub.

pics, vids?

yea a dustcap is just that, it keeps the dust out of the coil area...

I used goop and then some black rtv to make it the black color to match the cone,

but idk shawn's prolly destroyed it by now, lol

No vids yet and I do have pics on my blackberry and my computer at home is trash until I stop spendin on car audio and buy another one.just moved in new apartment and chit is still in boxes camcorder no charger found.

Oh... Didn't clarify, gettin a new car 91 cadillac fleetwood broughm soon, that's the system and I'm thinkin 4 12s instead... The BTL is a temp system until I give wife the keys to my 02 deville... Which is gonna hurt. This is my first setup though, my wife loves it. Its rare when you find a women who doesn't mind me and my hobbies. When I give the over to her in a few months she wants some memphis flats.hear by far the BTL is the loudest 1 15 trunk setup around.people are suprised to see one sub.

Interesting. Yea it is cool to have a wife that has that same interest as you. But I hope you don't have kinds in the car when you play your music. They wont be able to hear $hit when they are old enough to have their own system...

Edited by chad

Nah... No way, those little girls are my angels. Never put em through that.hell on some songs I gotta turn it down some!!! Will try to put vids up soon... I demo'd for a gut with 2 12 hifonics junk and he drove off dissappointed in the bragging he did earlier at work. Most impressive 1 15 I've seen yet!!!

Sign in to follow this