02xblazer

3 idq 10s vs 1 icon 15

plan on getting a set of ID ctx65cs comps powered by a kicker zx350.2, doors will be deadened and have mdf baffles.. for sub(s) would u go with 3 idq 10s powered by a zx1000.1 at 2.66 ohm or a icon 15 powered by the zx1000.1 at 2 ohms? will be in a sealed box in a 02 blazer.. lookin for sq but still be able to get loud.. listen to 95% rock/metal so i want tight clean bass

You can't even begin to compare them. The 10s will murder the 15 in displacement potential, and efficiency. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

would the difference in output be alot? the price difference is quite a bit... icon would be around $200 less..

would the difference in output be alot? the price difference is quite a bit... icon would be around $200 less..

If you want my opinion, I would definitely go with the single setup with the ICON 15". More likely than not the ICON will get more than loud enough for your tastes. Save your money, go with a clean setup, and buy the ICON.

thats probly what i will do.. listen to rock/metal, dont need a ton of bass.. would just like to beable to get the blazer shakin when i want too

Icon fing05.gif

yeah cant really justify spending $200 more on the 3 subs. could use that 200 on a decent headunit.. what size sealed box would give the 15 the tightest bass?

Recommended size is from 2.25-2.75. I would start on the larger end of the spectrum if it were me. You can add blocks of wood to the inside of the enclosure to shrink it down or you can use polyfill to make the enclosure seem larger. But shoot for 2.75 right off the bat and then do those changes if you aren't satisfied.

The ICON will be just fine. Not to mention the Havoc is more expensive. He did say he wanted to use that extra money towards his head unit. Also the ICON is probably easier to buy :)

dont want to spend alot of money but want a good sounding system.. ctx65cs comps upfront and the icon out back should do that.. never heard a system in a blazer b4, is it pretty easy to get loud in them?

posted on caraudioforum.com, here is a response i got:

i'm tellin you right now if you listen to a lot of metal/rock then you're familiar with the fast double bass hits, and a 15" won't be so good for that. I'd go with something smaller like 12's or 2 10's even, the response times are much better, and they are better for the fast accurate beats

And that's the exact response you'll get from that place. Go with one 15 and be done. Cheaper, easier, less weight, etc. . . It's easy to get loud in an SUV with an 8" driver, so don't worry about the volume.

yeah they seem to give some stupid advise sometimes.. couldnt find another response from over there but it said i shouldnt go with an ICON and should get something more musical

Whoever said Icons aren't musical obviously hasn't heard one. Just get the 15'' Icon and call it a day....I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Whoever said Icons aren't musical obviously hasn't heard one. Just get the 15'' Icon and call it a day....I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

:drink40:

since icons arent in stock any time soon why not try a 12 id max, you can get them pretty cheap off the forums lately

since icons arent in stock any time soon why not try a 12 id max, you can get them pretty cheap off the forums lately

this isn't true. We expect to be selling by early September. IE, 2 1/2 wks or so as a rough estimate.

i see DENIM found the tread on caraudioforum.com

:eek5wavey: