Sign in to follow this  
Derrick824

Today's Clamp Results

My Maxx-Link is installed & dialed in as well as my amps and everything is sounding great. Since I had the clamp and dmm in the truck I decided to go ahead and take some measurements. My strapped 1500s put out 90v and 40a while drawing 400a of current with voltage dropping from 13.5v to 12.2v. If my math is right thats 3600watts @ 2.25ohm & 12.2v out of a pair of strapped 1500s. My subs are dual 1s wired in a parallel series configuration. Basically the amps are strapped @ 1ohm (0.5ohm each). All testing was done on music playing Gorilla Zoe - Waddle (nice consistant 34hz bass line that works well with my current 33hz tuning). Measurements were taken 5-6 seconds into the bass line after the #s had leveled out. No peak hold measurements were taken.

My gains are set a lil conservatively since my stock 95a alternator is half dead and can't keep up at all. Thats why my starting voltage was at 13.5v instead of the usual 14.5v causing the voltage to fall to 12.2v when it typically holds strong at 12.9v. My new 200a alternator is on the way and should be here by the end of the week. Then I'll retest everything with that & my MLA module installed and see if I can hold the voltage better. Any thoughts?

Edited by Derrick824

My Maxx-Link is installed & dialed in as well as my amps and everything is sounding great. Since I had the clamp and dmm in the truck I decided to go ahead and take some measurements. My strapped 1500s put out 90v and 40a while drawing 400a of current with voltage dropping from 13.5v to 12.2v. If my math is right thats 3600watts @ 2.25ohm & 12.2v out of a pair of strapped 1500s. My subs are dual 1s wired in a parallel series configuration. Basically the amps are strapped @ 1ohm (0.5ohm each). All testing was done on music playing Gorilla Zoe - Waddle (nice consistant 34hz bass line that works well with my current 33hz tuning). Measurements were taken 5-6 seconds into the bass line after the #s had leveled out. No peak hold measurements were taken.

My gains are set a lil conservatively since my stock 95a alternator is half dead and can't keep up at all. Thats why my starting voltage was at 13.5v instead of the usual 14.5v causing the voltage to fall to 12.2v when it typically holds strong at 12.9v. My new 200a alternator is on the way and should be here by the end of the week. Then I'll retest everything with that & my MLA module installed and see if I can hold the voltage better. Any thought

Nice , I got a MLA for a chry only 2 out there and I got one of them, we tested at ESN My starting voltage use to be 13.6 volts due to my pcm w/ the MLA It now is 14.5V.

My 200a alternator is installed along with my MLA module charging @ 15.2v. I did some more testing with a single 1500 @ 0.5ohm powering my pair of dual 2ohm Kicker cvr 15s. Output was 49v and 47a w/ voltage starting @ 15.2v and dropping to 13.9v. That means 2300watts @ 1ohm & 13.9v. It looks to be right on par with the high voltage testing done on the 1500s. I know these cvrs do not like this much power.

Sign in to follow this