Smondo17

Deflex Pad? What does everyone use behind their mids in their doors?

I am just curious what people use directly behind the mid in their doors. Anything other then extra layers of sound deadener?

i have both dampener and second skin lux liner pro. im debating on if i should put the second skin speaker tweeker as well... i just havent installed them yet

Don't have any mids in my doors. But where I have them, I have lead, clay, and acoustical foam behind the mids :)

I have currently using Damplifier and overkill. For the outer door panel do you guys suggest applying a whole layer of overkill over it or just directly behind the speaker. Also what type of bonding material do you suggest. Probably gana run to home depot soon haha. Also ramos who does the lead clay and foam come together im trying to picture it :P

Edited by Smondo17

For the outer door panel do you guys suggest applying a whole layer of overkill over it or just directly behind the speaker.

No. Don't put closed cell foam in your door skins behind your drivers. At best, it will SLIGHTLY diffuse the sound making let less audible from OUTSIDE your car. And that's really stretching it.

I have currently using Damplifier and overkill. For the outer door panel do you guys suggest applying a whole layer of overkill over it or just directly behind the speaker. Also what type of bonding material do you suggest. Probably gana run to home depot soon haha. Also ramos who does the lead clay and foam come together im trying to picture it :P

Lead and clay are for mass loading to deaden the enclosures. The foam.........well that's for a different purpose. ;) My mids are in the kicks by the way :)

I use Raammat and ensolite foam. I added an extra square of ensolite behind the mid. It seemed to get rid of the peak I was getting around 125 hz. It made a subtle difference but well worth the effort.

I had good results from one layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro, one layer of Damplifier, and then the Speaker Tweaker pad. :)

I use Raammat and ensolite foam. I added an extra square of ensolite behind the mid. It seemed to get rid of the peak I was getting around 125 hz. It made a subtle difference but well worth the effort.

I think if you did measurements before and afterwards you would find that it is all in your head that the peak changed. It is NOT possible for Ensolite to help out that wavelength at all.

I think if you did measurements before and afterwards you would find that it is all in your head that the peak changed. It is NOT possible for Ensolite to help out that wavelength at all.

would said speaker tweeker pad have any effect?

would said speaker tweeker pad have any effect?

At a 125hz, nope

lol sorry didnt specify.... assuming i use it it would be for a midrange driver. i forget my crossover settings but i think it was 130-5k or something like that

I purchased the speaker tweaker pad so i will see how it turns out.

For only what, $25, it is worth it I think.

lol sorry didnt specify.... assuming i use it it would be for a midrange driver. i forget my crossover settings but i think it was 130-5k or something like that

Depends on the rest of your install. Personally I'd get the Cascade version if I were to get one. On a side, you should really probably adjust your crossover frequencies on your mid. 130hz is way too high as is 5k

I would have to check again for a 100% idea of my crossover settings but im pretty sure the midrange is close to that midbass is 65-150 if i remmeber correctly.... below is the pic of my new door pods

finished_1.jpg

midrange is IB midbass is sealed but the ssa pad wont fit behind the midbass. I already have the SSA one so cascade version isnt happenin