streetbeater07

IA DP 15 x2 and IA 40.1

Ok I am thinking about purchasing two DP 15's but don't know exactly which coil config. I should go with. Will the amp be strong enough for these at 1 ohm or should I get dual 2's and run the amp at .5? Thanks in advance for the help...

Oh, btw, this is for a daily application that will be tuned to 30hz.

1 ohm should be plenty. The DP's are pretty efficient buggers.

but .5 wouldn't hurt if you have the electrical. Could always turn the gain down.

1 ohm should be plenty. The DP's are pretty efficient buggers.

but .5 wouldn't hurt if you have the electrical. Could always turn the gain down.

would it be an audible difference from 1 to .5 ohms? or would I just be creating more heat and losing efficiency?

That has a lot to do with how your box is made and what your electrical consists of. If you're at .5 ohms and your voltage drops.. the subs and amp are going to get a little hotter than normal ;)

yes it is stable. The better question is your electrical stable, thats the determining factor. power @ .5 = more than enough

yes it is stable. The better question is your electrical stable, thats the determining factor. power @ .5 = more than enough

not yet... im in the process of getting everything. it takes a while when your in college... :( money is tight

i understand that one. i just graduated, and I'm going back for extended courses.