Sign in to follow this  
attaboy

RE XXX seps

Hi, anyone who experienced these symptoms?

* speakers are 6.5in. woofer and 1 inch tweeter, sometimes the left woofer stops playing while the tweeter is good. They're properly wired in their crossover. The woofer comes back whenever I adjust the volume at high level.

* At high volume level, it sounds like you're playing the wire connection of the woofer, it's on..and it's off.. and on.

* There are instances that the right woofer has the same problems too.

* And sometimes the tweeter on the left channel stops too

I already checked every connection and they're properly terminated.

What could be the problem here?

separates are RE XXX6.5c

amp is Sundown SAX100.2

Help :shrug:

i had a similar problem and in my situation there was a loose wire that was hitting some metal and was putting deck in protect mode

Might have blown the mid. j/w how'd you set your gains?

I guess not because the problem occurs like 5 times in a 30 minute continuous playing. They're still sounding great even at high volumes. Gain's set at 1 o'clock

i had a similar problem and in my situation there was a loose wire that was hitting some metal and was putting deck in protect mode

Ive thought of some loose wires, but I already checked all termination and my crossovers are nicely tucked inside the doors.

Generally, these components are very good. But it's annoying whenever a woofer comes out while I'm enjoying the music.

I guess not because the problem occurs like 5 times in a 30 minute continuous playing. They're still sounding great even at high volumes. Gain's set at 1 o'clock

I'd still guess yes. There are different stages of blown. If you've checked your connections and everything is fine there... I'll stick to my guns and say you popped 'em.

And simply placing your gain knob at "1 o'clock" is not setting your gains correctly.

I'd still guess yes. There are different stages of blown. If you've checked your connections and everything is fine there... I'll stick to my guns and say you popped 'em.

And simply placing your gain knob at "1 o'clock" is not setting your gains correctly.

ok, so that's a symptom of a blown woofer. thanks for that. i gotta check the warranty.

I raised the gain to 1 o'clock because my HU's preout voltage is too low, 3volts I guess.

have you taken the speak out of the door yet? if not do it and put a dmm to it to see the ohm rating. also might wanna play it while its out to see if you can see anything grounding out or what could cause it to stop playing suddenly. also have you checked your rca wires? maybe one of them is bad and is causeing the speak to stop playing randomly.

I raised the gain to 1 o'clock because my HU's preout voltage is too low, 3volts I guess.

3 volts is not that low of a preout voltage, not that preout voltage really matters all that much in most situations.

When I had a speaker cut out then had to crank the volume to get it to come back on, the amp was the problem.

have you taken the speak out of the door yet? if not do it and put a dmm to it to see the ohm rating. also might wanna play it while its out to see if you can see anything grounding out or what could cause it to stop playing suddenly. also have you checked your rca wires? maybe one of them is bad and is causeing the speak to stop playing randomly.

yep every wire is secured from any metal inside the doors. I don't know how to check the RCA wires. How's that?

3 volts is not that low of a preout voltage, not that preout voltage really matters all that much in most situations.

I turned the gain a little bit coz I can hear some hiss at 1 o'clock. It's now at 10.

When I had a speaker cut out then had to crank the volume to get it to come back on, the amp was the problem.

Really? I'll consider that. I'll hook 'em up with other amp and see if the it's the culprit.

Thanks to you guys.

headunit changed, wires are checked, amp is ok. here's a vid. the right channel has the problem. would this be a blown woofer?

[url="http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff325/attaboyong/?action=view