Sign in to follow this  
philsteroni

stuck between pioneer and ecipse...

Hey all,

I'm going to buy myself a new headunit my budget is around 250$. So far the ones that catch my eye are the Pioneer premier DEH-p600ub and the Ecipse CD3200. I don't know much about head-units...the pioneer caught my eye because it has a 7 band equalizer while the eclipse only has 3 band. The eclipse caught my eye because it has 5 volt pre-out compared to the pioneers' 4 volt (apparently more volts is better). Visually I like the Eclipse better cause people in Montreal don't seem to have them and looks more classy compared to pioneers blue leds all over the place. I'm hoping someone who knows about hu's can help me out, please help! These are the ebay auctions i was looking at :

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-2008-ECLIPSE-CD3200...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P60...1QQcmdZViewItem

(apparently more volts is better)

Not really...

If features-wise they come down about even, I would try to find an example of each and see which one you like using more. I always thought the user interface of Eclipse was more confusing, although functionally they can be top-notch. Just might take more getting used to if you're used to a specific interface.

I have no experience with the Eclipse myself (although I've heard good things about them). I have a Pioneer DEH-P5900IB which I'm very happy with, sound-wise. I tend to listen to my iPod, so I tried out the Alpine iDA-X001. The Alpine has an exceptional user interface designed specifically for iPod use. After listening to it for a few months, I've gone back to the Pioneer. It has better output quality and equalization capabilities, by far. A pretty interface will only get you so far. It's all about the listening experience.

too late i alread bought the alpine 9886, the deh 6000 had more features when i checked at bestbuy but i just found it so much easier to work with the alpine.

good choice i'd stay away form pioneer.if you running everything off the headunit there great for the price and very easy to use,but if you have amps there real bad about shorting the rca's out and you can only get that fixed one time cause the way they fix them i used to run pioneer i had like 3 of them i switched to clarion and never looked back but alpines are great

if u don't mind me asking... how much did u get it for?

i paid 280$ at bestbuy on special. it would have probably been like 50$ cheaper on ebay but i did'nt feel like waiting and sometimes brokerage fees to ship to canada are over 50$. i did'nt feel like gambling for a bargain and waiting 2 weeks on top of it.

i'm really happy with the purchase, if ever i decide i want more eq options and want to go active there is an add-on (forgot the name) that goes for around 180$ i believe.

good choice i love mine. i got mine for $100 though