Pezzaboi

Fi Q .. Fi Bl 12"

Ok, I am completely new to this and hope to learn a lot and maybe be able to take this up as a hobbie!

I began reading up about amps and subs very recently being very interested. I have always been a big bass lover

and really want to build my own system. but im going to need a bit of help getting on my way

I'm slowly learning about all the things that go with amps and subs and trying my best.

my first question is the Fi Q12 and Fi BL12 are the same Price, i mostly listen to rap hip hop and r n b. so i was wondering which one is best for me 8]. The BL comes with all the options of cooling and so on where as the Q does not?

Anywho, i want to run a single 12 inch sub so at 1000W RMS what amp is totally suitable to use every day, say a ZX1000.1? but then if i chose to have the BP power option would i need a more powerful amp!

Another, this would be able to run off an ordinary car battery?

For my genre of music? ported or sealed

Thank you very much for any help what so ever it will all help me decide on which way i go!

also would like to know which Ohm to order, dual 1 or dual 2

i know this depends on the amp!

bl is more of a spl lil brother.

Q is more musicly enclined.

if you get the Q you dont have to run more power if you get the BP option.. but you can if you want.. 1000 watts is perfect for a Q imo from what i have read.

Q you can run both ported or sealed.

the BL is only ported. and IMO you should run 1200~1500 watts on one. and will cure the hankering for bass.

thay are both great subs.

Personally, if you listen to rap mostly I would make a 3.5-4.0 cu ft box tuned to 32 htz, and power a Fi Q off of 1000 - 1200 watts. You won't need the BP option for that.

I'm listening to a Q in 4.5 cu ft tuned to 32 htz off of around 1000 watts right now and it is perfect for rap... You will not be disappointed with either one. The BL is made to be a little bit louder and handle more power, where the Q is designed more specifically for musical purposes...

Ok, i've been doing a bit of mooching around? and to me it seems like the BL is a better sub according to other threads i have found.

for rap a 12" BL ported Sub @ 32Hz is better than a 12" Q @ 32 Hz? i believe

Could any body recommend and amp and which options are best to choose on a BL

i was also thinking... most hed units only support 4 x 50 watts, and thats if they can hold 50 watts for time.

if i wanted some decent 6 x 9's maybe one for each door, would i need another amp or not? is 4 x 50 good enough

just a quickie! anyone know where u could maybe buy an already made box? or do most people make them?

Thanks!

i'm getting there

Edited by Pezzaboi

you can not load a bl in a pre fab box... just have one made at your local audio shop... or talk to bj at fisher customs.....

4X50 HA!.... your lucky to get 20 watts... some people may say your lucky to get 5 watts...

6x9s in the doors.

Ok, i've been doing a bit of mooching around? and to me it seems like the BL is a better sub according to other threads i have found.

for rap a 12" BL ported Sub @ 32Hz is better than a 12" Q @ 32 Hz? i believe --It

Ok i've decided to go with a 12" Fi Q series sub.

All i need to know is what amp to go with... ZX1000.1? sundown 1000D

what would happen if i was to use a 1500D amp would it blow the sub? or would the sub just use the ammount of power it needed?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/8101.html = say u buy an amp like this? are they chit?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/3356.html = Do these suck? around a 4 x 100 watts? would be plenty for me in 6 x 9's, 100 Rms and amp gives 110 rms i know they probs get nowhere near that, but for just 6 x 9's? ( or recommend me )

last thing, as i suck at this.. i have come to learn that boxes make all the difference, i am not completly sure on why but hey. ported or sealed? rap music @32 Hz? ported? id rather have SQ than SPL. ive been looking at these boxes like of fisher thing? and for a single 12" its $400, im not moaning as i dont know, could someone point out what makes them worth that? where as u can find some for $50, yes less quality and stuff but why 8]

will an ordinary battery be ok? daily use

thanks a lot peeps, sorry for the trouble. I'm sure if your bored you'll help

Ok i've decided to go with a 12" Fi Q series sub.

--and all of this depends on ...your budget !!!

All i need to know is what amp to go with... ZX1000.1? sundown 1000D --i would go with Sundown..but if u get d Kicker(2ohm) cheaper...

what would happen if i was to use a 1500D amp would it blow the sub? or would the sub just use the ammount of power it needed? --set your gains right ...

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/8101.html = say u buy an amp like this? are they chit?-- aha

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/3356.html = Do these suck? around a 4 x 100 watts? would be plenty for me in 6 x 9's, 100 Rms and amp gives 110 rms i know they probs get nowhere near that, but for just 6 x 9's? ( or recommend me )--Kicker dx 300.2 + Pioneer tsa170ci

last thing, as i suck at this.. i have come to learn that boxes make all the difference, i am not completly sure on why but hey. ported or sealed? rap music @32 Hz? ported? id rather have SQ than SPL. ive been looking at these boxes like of fisher thing? and for a single 12" its $400, im not moaning as i dont know, could someone point out what makes them worth that? where as u can find some for $50, yes less quality and stuff but why 8] --Fisher C.(2cubes -around $170 ) u can still build it yourself (2cubes @ 30-32Hz)..

will an ordinary battery be ok? daily use-- maybe

thanks a lot peeps, sorry for the trouble. I'm sure if your bored you'll help ......where r u from ...and would be some help if u could tell the budget for the whole system ...

SmilieCheers2.gif

if you want sq get the Q they will still get loud as well have the box built for you a 12 ported should only cost 150- 200 depending on shipping cost it could cost extra but depends on what you want extra have a box built to large specs and tuned to 28-30hz for the q if you get a 1500d get the bp option and make sure it is not a clipped signal. a bl can still sound decent but will handle the 1500 better tune the bl to 32 and build a large box. if you have the tools build it yourself its not hard. when looking at power ratings only look at rms not max max power means nothing

Edited by dbjunior

im ok for budget as long as it's not to extent!

im not tied down to anything? i can save 50 pound a week or so minimum if i want.

ill just keep buying parts untill i have a nice system then go for the setting up!

im from the big UK. 8]

i just want a nice sub to sit in the back with good quality that i can occasionally pump up the volume.

you are helping me alot people thank you.

cant do it on my own and would be very annoyed.

you can get both amps for roughly same price after a quick look around too GB pounds? which is ok!

call 500 pound a budget but i cud go higher if need be, ill look into fisher again, becuz i can be certain a proper job has been done

them 6 x 9's would be fine yes? wont be drowned by bass i hope.

thanks

you wanna use a sealed cell if your gonna put it in a trunk.

wouldnt reccomend 6x9 if for rear speakers leave them out if for front speakers build a baffle and put a 6.5 or 5.25 set of comps with a nice amp. it might be cheeper for you if you have a local shop build a box for you international shipping would be killer on a good box.

Edited by dbjunior

ahhh ok so a Q sub at 30 hz sounds good to me, hows 4.0 cube box sealed? would that work well

also, which amp would i have less chance of clipping the sound?

the last thing i wanna do is blow summin, if you was to buy the 1500d and set all gaines to 75% would that stop the amp producing to much power?

pez

4 cubes Sealed is not going to happen for a 12".

I would go for 2.5cubes tuned at 30Hz.

Let us know if you have anymore questions, we take care of all sales for Fi in UK/EU. Qs/BLs are all in stock.

Thanks,

Am

okie dokey i'm getting closer "D

if you were going to recommend me what would you say:

Q sub, 12" or 15"?

sundown 1000d, sundown 1500d, or some kind of 1200 watt amp.

2.5 cube 30 Hz box? if it 15" would need to be bigger i take it.

thankyou

wow i was so close to going and buying to 2 x fusion subs lol! aha

is the big 3 needed? or a simple cap? or be ok

Edited by Pezzaboi

just heard about an SAE 1200d? this would be perfect for my ?" Q sub surely 8]

what are your thoughts

Nope, rap for me

still trying to get an idea of what i need lol 8]

im still thinking, maybe a 15" Q in a 3.0 cube Sealed box with a 1200d SAE amp?

just waiting for somebody to get back to me 8].

do you know if i would need a better battery.

Pezza

Edited by Pezzaboi

As im from the UK someone has pointed out that maybe i should get the "Ascendant Havoc" 15" instead of an Fi Q 15" because it will work out better for the price?

could any body tell me a rough price on getting a 15" Q sub to the UK? its

Edited by Pezzaboi

As im from the UK someone has pointed out that maybe i should get the "Ascendant Havoc" 15" instead of an Fi Q 15" because it will work out better for the price?

could any body tell me a rough price on getting a 15" Q sub to the UK? its

Anyone knows how the Q holds up to playing Reggae?

No problem at all. Q has incredible low end, sealed or ported.

i would like and FI tbh! but its 259 dollars which is 129.50 pound and i dont know shipping price but ment to be a bomb. a 12 " Q with bp power ok on a 1000d? or need a 1500d

Cheers

well im saving for my first car... all my money is going on my first car then when i get it the rest will be improving it 8], nothing else to pay for...

hoping to get a either 02,03,04 model of a vauxhall corsa 1.2 twinport, in a nice black.

just want to get a nice system in it before i start the outside like rims -.-

get back to me bud

p.s still looking for the dimension in the trunk of one of theses:S

Tell me about shipping.

Definatley a 12" imo. 15" will fit but it will take up all of the boot.

I have Q12s and Q15s in stock ready to go, these have BP Power. Its worth it if you have little more than rated.

Once you get some dimensions pop it over on an e-mail and i'll design the box/vent. We can now make enclosures too. Anything more you can e-mail me am[at]bladeice.com

Thanks.

aha sounds good to me!

do you think a sundown 1500d would suit the 12" q sub with bp power perfect? or would need to work out the gains well and stuff?

sealed box you think? for SQ! 2.5 cube was thinking

Get back to me thanks.

i dont mind which sub i go for they are both sounding amazing!

aha sounds good to me!

do you think a sundown 1500d would suit the 12" q sub with bp power perfect? or would need to work out the gains well and stuff?

sealed box you think? for SQ! 2.5 cube was thinking

Get back to me thanks.

i dont mind which sub i go for they are both sounding amazing!

Youd just have to have the gains set a little lower but yes a 1500d would be fine. The Q could probably take all 1500 if need be, but i wouldnt recommend it on a DD setup.

How much space do you have to work with? If you are really stuck between the 12 or 15, go 15. Eventually you'll want more just like everyone else and wish you had a bigger sub. If you can fit a 15" ported then do it if you can deal with the extra space being taken. You can always go sealed with a Q though and they will still sound awesome.