Ok so power master dont do a alt for my model of car, but im still intrested.

so how hard and complicated is it to make a custom brcket. what are the ristks and chances of things going wrong? and guestimate price i should be paying for it.

thx in advanse

custom bracket is just that custom. so there really isnt a guide on how easy or hard it is. You will need a badass welder/fabricator to get a custom bracket done (again dependent on vehicle)

custom bracket is just that custom. so there really isnt a guide on how easy or hard it is. You will need a badass welder/fabricator to get a custom bracket done (again dependent on vehicle)

lancer glx there are plenty space.. worth the risk? car about a year old so if something go wrong ill feel the pain

Well you need to think about where you can fit it where it would hit the belt.... and think about mounting is it possible? and lastly think of if you can get someone to do it

Well you need to think about where you can fit it where it would hit the belt.... and think about mounting is it possible? and lastly think of if you can get someone to do it

ok I found someone that are willing to make me a backet.. they use to make a lot of these in the old days apparently now the guy is conserned that the wiring might not be compatible with my ECU.

the plan is to run a SAZ - 3000D at 2000RMS into 1 0hm. Reason why im not going for a t2000BD is simply cos i can get the saz for cheaper "New"

the other option the guy said was to get a factory alt but they only go upto 110 AMP and add two deepcycle batts.. will this be enought?

im starting to pull my hair out over this.

thx

as long as the second alt is 14.4v it should be compatible. the main part and concern is getting the second alt mounted and getting a belt running around it.

Also remember the alt must be mounted to the engine only nothing connected to the chassis. and hopefully the person your talking about is local because if the bracket is just off the slightest bit your going to run into issues

as long as the second alt is 14.4v it should be compatible. the main part and concern is getting the second alt mounted and getting a belt running around it.

Also remember the alt must be mounted to the engine only nothing connected to the chassis. and hopefully the person your talking about is local because if the bracket is just off the slightest bit your going to run into issues

so wireing shouldnt be a problem? if i end up going with the saz as mentioned above and use the 110 alt using OEM alt will that be enough with the two bats?

depends on the oem alt and what hook ups it has

hey bro you work for powermaster? if so maybe i can get a wire diagram and some pics of the standard bracket for my installer. should the bracket be my only concern or is the wires a lot diff dependant on the model?

the bracket im using is the same as most japanese brands with the two arms coming out unlike the one solid piece that the european cars use. space wouldnt be a problem

how many amp alt would you recommend..wil be pushing a saz 3000 d with two deepcycle batts

the batts need to be baught still so what kind of aH should I try and get? I want to get two of the same..I.E. one need to fit under the hood of a lancer GLX 1.6

are there any risk of frying my car computer(new car so will feel pain)

thanks again.

nope im just an enthusiast thats been thru hell and back to attempt to add an alternator on my car. Stock wires i honestly dont know. aftermarket alts are usually one wire or use a relay to hook up (very simple) but stock on my car atleast have a 4 wire plug. Unless u know what wires are what its basically useless.

There's plenty you can get and be fine but if your going to add an alt i would try getting the biggest one you can. something like 200a. When thinking of how much current you need alt wise just get the amps fuse rating and divide in half (for music) That's a good reference for the minimum your going to want but there's several variables you can use to guesstimate that number (power avail from ur stock alt, average alt power, avail batt power ect ect)

nope im just an enthusiast thats been thru hell and back to attempt to add an alternator on my car. Stock wires i honestly dont know. aftermarket alts are usually one wire or use a relay to hook up (very simple) but stock on my car atleast have a 4 wire plug. Unless u know what wires are what its basically useless.

There's plenty you can get and be fine but if your going to add an alt i would try getting the biggest one you can. something like 200a. When thinking of how much current you need alt wise just get the amps fuse rating and divide in half (for music) That's a good reference for the minimum your going to want but there's several variables you can use to guesstimate that number (power avail from ur stock alt, average alt power, avail batt power ect ect)

ok so the lets for get about my front stage amp for a min.

saz 3000 d need a 300 amp fuze

so ill only be using 2000RMS so lets just say that give me around 200 amp

devide by 2 will give me a 100 amp. alt required.

here i am with a stock alt of 85 amps add two big'ish deepcycle batts; will this put me close to where I want to be?

i was told i can get a 110 oem alt from some shop but the little extra power might not be worth the money or effort.

currently i am using a opti 2000 D that is said to be able to do 2000 RMS into 0.5 ohm currently im driving it to around 1200 RMS ish into 2 ohms without any problem(stock every thing exept power cable). will be doing the big 2 2morrow. the plan is to get whatever i get to drive two fi BL's

what you think bro? once again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the end an alt is the best way to get power but not the only way. Working at a stereo shop We've done systems as big as 8kw rms and other then me (in progress) only one person has a second/upgraded alt and that one person doesnt have the 8k system

Since it seems like your going to add the batteries regardless and your doing 2 of the big 3... Just do that and see how much voltage loss you get. You can always add an alt later. Also remember your not going to be able to use the entire stock alt amperage for your system. Only ~30% is extra for accessories. the rest is "needed" for all your car electronics.

In the end an alt is the best way to get power but not the only way. Working at a stereo shop We've done systems as big as 8kw rms and other then me (in progress) only one person has a second/upgraded alt and that one person doesnt have the 8k system

Since it seems like your going to add the batteries regardless and your doing 2 of the big 3... Just do that and see how much voltage loss you get. You can always add an alt later. Also remember your not going to be able to use the entire stock alt amperage for your system. Only ~30% is extra for accessories. the rest is "needed" for all your car electronics.

ok ill give it a shot, i know the the guy selling the gear fairly well maybe he let me try it before i commmit (big Maybe) seeing that we are the only two talking an du work in a audio shop here maybe i can ask you another question?

they say the eclipse 7200 can on run 2 way. is that 2-way plus sub?

and the alpine 9887 3-way plus sub? or is the 701 required to get whatever is mentioned just now?

and does the 7200 support the 701 or do they use a diff proccesor?

thx dude

ok ill give it a shot, i know the the guy selling the gear fairly well maybe he let me try it before i commmit (big Maybe) seeing that we are the only two talking an du work in a audio shop here maybe i can ask you another question?

they say the eclipse 7200 can on run 2 way. is that 2-way plus sub?

and the alpine 9887 3-way plus sub? or is the 701 required to get whatever is mentioned just now?

and does the 7200 support the 701 or do they use a diff proccesor?

thx dude

or maybe not

sry i dont know much about Eclipse or alpine HU's... when i was looking into the alpines it seemed as if they all relied heavily on the alpine processor to do anything worthwhile, Hence why im not getting one

sry i dont know much about Eclipse or alpine HU's... when i was looking into the alpines it seemed as if they all relied heavily on the alpine processor to do anything worthwhile, Hence why im not getting one

wow i somehow managed to miss your reply for so long hehe.. i came to the same conclusion besided the eclipse is butt ugly but is way more advanced i believe. BTW ohio gem agreed to build be a alt but it wont be cheap + need to ship them a OEM from the other side of the world. ...damn but i suppose that is the things we do for bass.. thx for ur advice again