Sign in to follow this  
Shockwave

FI Q12 vs BL12 for Reggae

Hi all,

I am new to the site and am trying to figure out which speaker is best for listening to Reggae, not the verry fast stuff, but some of the older stuff with deep base. Anyone have any thoughts.

What amplifier do you have planned? And is output a big priority?

I can't remember the name, the installer building my box is very familiar with the FI products and he recommended one, what I know off hand is that I will be pushing the sib with 1000watts.

This is just purely for my listening pleasure, I spend about 4 hours daily in my car just sitting in traffic to and from work and really need something to push pretty hard. I don't plan on competing at least not at this time. The music i lesten to has a lot of deep dragging base. I am also trying to figure out if i should go with a single 12" or a single 15"

Im not sure if that answered the question... but i'll try it

This is just purely for my listening pleasure, I spend about 4 hours daily in my car just sitting in traffic to and from work and really need something to push pretty hard. I don't plan on competing at least not at this time. The music i lesten to has a lot of deep dragging base. I am also trying to figure out if i should go with a single 12" or a single 15"

Im not sure if that answered the question... but i'll try it

You'll be happy with a single 12, just give it clean power and put it in a nice box. Who's building your box?

Either sub can be fine, it all depends on what you expect out of your bass.

Listening pleasure, push pretty hard, deep dragging bass aren't really helpful...

My box is bieng built by the installer that recommended FI. Stephen from the Future shop in whitby ont. I spent some time there today looking at box dimensions and decided that im gonna go with the 15". The ported box will only be 3 inches deeper than the box for the 12". 18"depth vs 15" i figured 3 inches is not much space lost since the trunk is pretty high. I am going to be powering it with a Sundown dual 2. Hope that all does the trick.

Sign in to follow this