Sign in to follow this  
bobby_7

Shopping for an Upright Bike

been shopping for an upright bike to have at home and just do home workouts from now on. i got some resistance bands and i actually like them a lot, they do a great job. I plan on buying more stuff but its a work in progress on my budget. Anyway, i need to buy a bike for now, I need some cardio, and running just isn't for me. I've got about $300 to spend, but it would be great if i could keep it lower than that. Im looking at a few bikes, between the $200 and $300 range and I was wondering if there were any recommendations. I want a quality product, but i have read some reviews on each bike and no matter what the price, they all seem to be about equal.

Here they are:

Proform 450 UR Upright

Reebok 365TR Upright

Golds Gym Power 210 Upright

NordicTrack AudioRider U 300

any input would be helpful

thanks

Everything in that price range will be similar.

Best bet would be to try and pick up a certified used commercial-quality bike. Also, look at a spin bike - Tixter, RevMaster, LeMond ... brand new $1200+ but in your price range used.

yea i was hoping i could find a good used one, but so far the only thing i have found is a schwinn airdyne, which i like them a lot, but the lady never got back to me on it.

hopefully sooner or later i can find a used one..

alright, so i have found a used bike, but i dont know which is better. i can get a 4 year old schwinn airdyne for $75 (price seems a little low, i have yet to see the bike, the lady has no way to get pics on her computer), or i can go with probably the golds gym bike. The thing i dont like about the schwinn is that it is loud and also i live in a second floor apartment and im sure they are heavy. is it worth it?