mazzasec

Need some opinons

mine will probably go to 2 ohms once i go get metered again. and plus i am kinda looking for a reason to get new amps, i wanna try the ia 20's.

you told him not do to do it or else he would blow the amp... and now your telling him to do it.

am i missing somthing.

i just read that he has 4 group 31 batts, a 200+amp alternator and after he typed it seems like he coulld pull it off.

dont be mad big baby. :drink40:

no im not mad.... i knew what he had... he has a build log that states what he has.... so i was already in the "know" when i made my statements.

either way man.. you seem to have a huge problem with me... when really you should be trying to help.... instead you have just made a quick judgement on the amps abilitys....

im here to learn just like everyone else... thats why im here... you have never heard me say i know it all... only repeat knowledge that has been put in topics for all to discuss.

if you have a problem with what i have to say why dont you bring facts to the table for everyone to learn from.

i love you!

Ya everyone is making it seem that right as I wire it to .5 its gonna fry. I mean arent they stable at .5 all day long on good electrical or am i wrong?

Ya everyone is making it seem that right as I wire it to .5 its gonna fry. I mean arent they stable at .5 all day long on good electrical or am i wrong?

Plenty of people run them at 1/2 ohm - but you need to ask yourself if you want to void your warranty for a small power gain that will likely only show up on an SPL meter.

Before it was about power gain. Then I decided I was gonna get D1 subs to avoid the .5 hassle. Now it turns out that my only option is D2 subs and I am gonna have to run .4 and its not about power gain anymore. Now its just my only option is .5

Edited by SEC

Is there any reason in particular you can't get D1 woofers ?

Chances are you aren't going to have an issue with a 3000D at 1/2 ohm with good electrical support - but, I always like to advise customers on the side of caution since they are not covered by warranty when doing so.

Have you considered just running two 1500s @ 2 ohms strapped, then ?

you told him not do to do it or else he would blow the amp... and now your telling him to do it.

am i missing somthing.

i just read that he has 4 group 31 batts, a 200+amp alternator and after he typed it seems like he coulld pull it off.

dont be mad big baby. :drink40:

big baby? Seriously? Are we in grade school? What's with this name calling. Grow up and learn how to make an argument without name calling.

Alright well right now I am running it on my stock alt at .5 with volts dropping to 11.8 I dont do it all day daily. Ill play it a couple songs feel it to see how warm its getting then back off for a good bit. Went to a local comp and burped a 148. What kinda output is the 3000d putting out a .5 on 11.8 volts? And what kinda output gain will I see at 13.5

Edited by SEC

Alright well right now I am running it on my stock alt at .5 with volts dropping to 11.8 I dont do it all day daily. Ill play it a couple songs feel it to see how warm its getting then back off for a good bit. Went to a local comp and burped a 148. What kinda output is the 3000d putting out a .5 on 11.8 volts? And what kinda output gain will I see at 13.5

5200 WRMS

5200 WRMS

get your facts straight after impedence rise we cant tell you what kind of power you will see your best bet would be to clamp it and see where your at now and then when you get that alt clamp it again

Actual output depends on impedance rise, as was mentioned above.