ABXX49

Scooter

Okay, so one of my roommates at college has Cerebral Palsy. He gets around with a cane, but also has a http://www.southwestmedical.com/Mobility_Scooters/Three_Wheel_Scooters/Pride_Sundancer_Scooter/805p0. And he decided he wanted to "pimp" out his scooter. So I started with the easy option of putting neons on it. The scooter has two sealed batteries on it.

Now he mentioned he wants a stereo on it, just something to make a little noise. Just a CD player with a set of coaxial speakers will be fine. Now I don't want to run the CD player off of the two batteries that are on the scooter. I just don't feel like running anymore things off of those two batteries. If you guys think it's fine, let me know.

So this is what I'm thinking: A small sealed battery, a CD player with a remote, and a set of coaxial's. He'll have to pick up a a wall charger too. No budget really, but the cheapest solid route would be the best.

Am I forgetting anything? Are there any road blocks that I will run into?

Thanks guys,

Ryan

is it a 12 volt system....

the link does not work for me.

Yes, it is a 12volt system. I wanted to do the stereo on a completely different battery that doesn't, in anyway, tie into the scooters.

Just use the stock system. No added weight, and it's already tied into the alternator. With only a HU for power, it shouldn't tax anything until coming to a stop.

Where are you going to put the speakers? in little boxes under the seat? I agree about the factory system, I think it'll be all right. Head unit should only be pulling 1-2 amps most of the time. Might cut his range in half though.

Just use the stock system. No added weight, and it's already tied into the alternator. With only a HU for power, it shouldn't tax anything until coming to a stop.

That wouldn't have an alternator. I think what you're thinking of is the charger which is the ac/dc converter to plug it in.

With lots of accessories I would be somewhat concerned about cutting into the runtime. Alternatively you could upgrade the drive batteries for more runtime and the extra power. The smaller Powermasters are pretty reasonably priced.....Or you could put a 16v so he can do burnouts.

Haha, there is no alt on it. It's just battery operated and charges ac->dc. I was going to come off the back of the trailer hitch and mount the cd player/battery/speakers in a fiberglass enclosure. He's only 100lbs so weight isn't really an issue...lol.

Sorry, I assumed it was fuel powered. Never mind my post then.

Sorry, I assumed it was fuel powered. Never mind my post then.

....Maybe it should be fuel powered :D

That's awesome....more or less what I'm going for. I'll probably order the CD player and speakers today or tomorrow....I'll keep you all updated :)