Sign in to follow this  
Jameson

Avalanche recone and specs...

well both of my avalanche (i think thats what they are) 12's are toast. been that way for about 3yrs, and im now looking for subs for my car and figured why not get these reconed. one is scratchy when pushing in and out and the other plays till you turn it up then it cuts out and throw amp in protect mode. same goes if its turned all the way down and you push the cone in. Also what are the specs for these subs? i bought them about 4yrs ago and the specs were pretty unknown to me. i pushed them with a 1000 watt kenwood and after i blew them i stepped up to a 1500x1 RMS HiFonics Brutus. i also ran them in a sealed enclosure and the Type R alpines that i replaced them with were louder in the sealed box which leads me to believe i built the box to the wrong size. most of all how much is a recone

Do you want to recone it yourself? One of the AA dealers can get you a recone kit. What is your zip code?

If you do not want to recone it yourself, you will have to send it to Fi and they will recone it.

Brian

is the voice coils included in the recone kit? ive never reconed a speaker but it cant be that hard from what i see. as long as theres instructions then i see no problem doing it myself.

Sign in to follow this