imhungnurnot

Which setup to choose??????

I want to build a console box in my single cab truck and im trying to see which would be the best.

Setup 1: 2 Fi X 12 D4's ported

Setup 2: 3 Fi X 12 D4's sealed

Setup 3: 2 Re SE 10 D4's ported or sealed

Setup 4: 2 Fi SSD 10 D1's ported or sealed

Only reason im considering Setup 3 because I can save about 80 dollars on the subs over Setup 4.

And im trying to be louder than a buddy of mine with one RE SX/BL 12 Hybrid ported as a console box.

What kind of space are you working with? You really haven't told us the pertinent information.

im confused.. your sig states you already have 3 fi x's

What kind of space are you working with? You really haven't told us the pertinent information.

I think i can get around 3.5 cuft. I'll be able to know for sure when i install my bucketseats.

im confused.. your sig states you already have 3 fi x's

Well I updated my sig after i bought my 3rd but i never had the time to

build the box for 3 instead i left my box for 2 behind my bench seat..

But i don't really like how the X's sound behind my seat so i want to

get rid of that by adding bucket seats and then building a console box.

You know what they say about guys who say they are "big"...

No, really don't. The damn sig isn't the issue.. i just wanted some

advice on which setup would be louder and still sound good.

i dont know what your getting at.

No, really don't. The damn sig isn't the issue.. i just wanted some

advice on which setup would be louder and still sound good.

ok.

I want to build a console box in my single cab truck and im trying to see which would be the best.

Setup 1: 2 Fi X 12 D4's ported

Setup 2: 3 Fi X 12 D4's sealed

Setup 3: 2 Re SE 10 D4's ported or sealed

Setup 4: 2 Fi SSD 10 D1's ported or sealed

Only reason im considering Setup 3 because I can save about 80 dollars on the subs over Setup 4.

And im trying to be louder than a buddy of mine with one RE SX/BL 12 Hybrid ported as a console box.

#2 would be pretty appealing to me, because it would allow the most output sealed while keeping cone travel to a minimum. If you want to save some space, #4 sealed would be my choice.

#2 would be pretty appealing to me, because it would allow the most output sealed while keeping cone travel to a minimum. If you want to save some space, #4 sealed would be my choice.

Well if i were to go with #2 then i'd have an ohm load of either 2.67 or 0.67 and i plan to use my

Autotek MM1000.1D and i posted awhile back if anyone had ever ran a MM at 0.67 and how'd it do.

But unfortunately i never got in touch with anyone that knew anything about the Autotek MM's but

i think i could run 3 X's at 2.67 with my Bass EQ (which i assume is bass boost) turned up a hair and

with my "subwoofer system" on my Alpine 9855 on system #2 which is suppose to boost the pre

amp voltage some.

But on the other hand i would with #4 i could buy two D1 10's but the Bl is a lot less with the D1's(9.3) over

the D2's(14.1) but i am really not sure if this is a big deal or if i the copper coil or flatwind coil opition will make

the reduced Bl not matter.. but back to the point.. i could the D1's at 1ohm and put about 600 to each sub

since the amp is rated at 12volts. Or the other option which will be more costly is to buy the D2's and buy

another MM1000.1D and run an amp per sub.

So at the time.. option #2 looks the best since i wouldn't have to buy subs and i could probably get away

with using my MM1000.1D

Well if i were to go with #2 then i'd have an ohm load of either 2.67 or 0.67 and i plan to use my

Autotek MM1000.1D and i posted awhile back if anyone had ever ran a MM at 0.67 and how'd it do.

But unfortunately i never got in touch with anyone that knew anything about the Autotek MM's but

i think i could run 3 X's at 2.67 with my Bass EQ (which i assume is bass boost) turned up a hair and

with my "subwoofer system" on my Alpine 9855 on system #2 which is suppose to boost the pre

amp voltage some.

But on the other hand i would with #4 i could buy two D1 10's but the Bl is a lot less with the D1's(9.3) over

the D2's(14.1) but i am really not sure if this is a big deal or if i the copper coil or flatwind coil opition will make

the reduced Bl not matter.. but back to the point.. i could the D1's at 1ohm and put about 600 to each sub

since the amp is rated at 12volts. Or the other option which will be more costly is to buy the D2's and buy

another MM1000.1D and run an amp per sub.

So at the time.. option #2 looks the best since i wouldn't have to buy subs and i could probably get away

with using my MM1000.1D

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh dear.

Bass boost?

Preset bass boost?

That will not give you more power. Ever. Your amp will merely clip and destroy your subs. No good.

I'd say just run it at 2.67 ohms and set your gains properly with the 3 X's sealed.

I vote the same as Jim. Seal them up first and go from there. :)