Sign in to follow this  
CadillacMatt

What do you think about this setup?

Hey all. I'm upgrading my low-end from 2 12" Xplods and I've settled on 2 15" Fi Qs, with BP Power, pushed by an AQ2200D amp. I'm looking at putting them in a ported box, but I realize this box is going to be quite large (my trunk dims are 40" deep, 19" high, 48" wide).

Fi recommends 2.8-4cuft so the box would need to be 6-8cuft right? I'm thinking about tuning it at 32Hz, from what I've heard from a lot of people with these subs. I listen to hip/hop and rap mostly, and I love songs that get low (like Gorilla Zoe or Young Jeezy songs for example). Is this a good tuning freq? I don't want to completely lose some of the "higher" bass notes but I want an extremely solid low end.

Also, would it be better to put a divider between the subs or run them together in one chamber?

Thanks, any comments/suggestions on my planned setup would be greatly appreciated!! :neil:

IMO the bl is more of the sub your looking for....

the bl will work great with the dems your gave.

as for the divider question i would say divide it because if one speaker malfunctions the other cant be harmed by trieng to push both or something like that

Shouldn't have to worry about harming your subs if you have the proper electrical and have your gains set right. The Q's will do great, but as bigjon said, the BL's might be more up your alley. 32-34 Hz would be a good tuning point.

Shouldn't have to worry about harming your subs if you have the proper electrical and have your gains set right. The Q's will do great, but as bigjon said, the BL's might be more up your alley. 32-34 Hz would be a good tuning point.

i would run a common chamber ported

I've heard that the BLs are geared more towards SQ+L, and don't get as low as the Q's. I realize this has a lot to do with the enclosure as well, I mean there isn't a huge difference in these subs right?

Edited by CadillacMatt

I've heard that the BLs are geared more towards LSQ, and don't get as low as the Q's. I realize this has a lot to do with the enclosure as well, I mean there isn't a huge difference in these subs right?

I don't know where you heard that, but it's incorrect...

I'd categorize the BL's as being for people less concerned with accuracy than volume.

sql... i donno what your talking about.

but from what i understand the Q's are more music bassed... and the BL is the bridge from music based to spl bassed btl...

i used my bl's daily on music.. and thay hammered hard..

Thanks all... I'm wondering though if I were to settle with the Q, do I really need the BP Power? I want the subs to get as loud as possible, and I know to do that, they need to be able to handle a greater amount of power (hence the BP Option) will this affect any other qualities of the sub? Will I be giving anything up (besides $40 haha)

the bp option adds another 200-500 rms to the sub i dont believe it takes anything away, but unless your chasing numbers the little extra power wont really make a audible difference

more power does not always mean louder

and loud is a very loose description that is open to opinion in sound.

But it's also a little bit of insurance because I'm going to be running a 2200wRMS amp @ 1 ohm, gains going to be set correctly and all that.

yea, well as soon as you get that amp and play with it tell me what you think about it, ill prtolly get the same thing and then upgrade my crappy audiobahn 18 to a xcon if they come out by that time or a mach 5 or btl or something

Sign in to follow this