Sign in to follow this  
slam

Strapped 40.1?'s

Whats the lowest ohm these will go strapped? i have 3 dual 1 subs.

Im also looking for a couple of 40.1's... pm or post up please... cash in PP

Thanks in advance

Edited by money_inc

Whats the lowest ohm these will go strapped? i have 3 dual 1 subs.

Im also looking for a couple of 40.1's... pm or post up please... cash in PP

Thanks in advance

I know ill be about .67 and i know each amp will hold .5 with the right electrical but whats the lowest strapped?

I've burped mine .25 each on 12 volt but they dont like music that low.I have heard that some people run them down to .5 each daily with good electrical.bad ass amp's i gained 2+ dbs going from 1 ohm to .25 ohm

Strapped should be roughly 2x the stand alone load.

Are you looking for burp or daily?

I ran 4 of them at 0.5 impedance (0.35 DCR) daily with no problems. If you have the electrical, they should run at 1 ohm strapped.

You have (3) dual 1 ohm subs, are you going to run a strapped pair of amps? If you can find three amps, just run one on each sub.

For two amps:

If you have (6) 1 ohm coils, I would wire them as 2 sets of 3 coils in series and then parallel the 2 sets. That would give you a 1.5 ohm load which should work great strapped for daily.

For burping, you could try wiring each sub's coils in series and then parallel all three subs for 0.67 ohms. If the amp does not like it, I have been told they will go into protect for low ohm loads before they have a chance to self-destruct.

Brian

There is no exact answer, everyones box rise is different. While I can burp them over and over again at .25 others cannot, your setup will dictate what load is right for you.