Sign in to follow this  
smiley

2 15" Q 1500zx or PA4000 amp?

I am figuring on buying 2 15" Q. I am debating whether i should get the 1500zx kicker amp or the PA 4000 amp. I also need to know whether i will need a new alternator if i already have an upgraded battery and a 4.0 FARAD capacitor. I want the system to be loud, and not have to worry about blowing the speaker. Also should i get the 2 15"s 1 ohm or 2ohm if im going to be using one amp. Thanks

get a battery instead of the cap..do big 3 upgrade at minimum while upgrading alt is also a good idea..

1 mono amp 2 subs you should do dual 1s parallel thatll get you to 1 ohm. or in your case 0.7 ohms.

unless you get kicker amps i think they are only stable at 2 ohms

i

power aucoustic 4000 or the Jl audio 1000/1 because the kicker 2500zx is not stable at .7 ohms

basically the things i need to consider is my alt cannot be upgraded so i want the loudest, the budget wont be a problem but atm i have the 1500 zx witha 15" L7 but i already blew it so im exchanging it.

but im just asking whether 2 15" Q or 1 15" BTl with the same amp would be better. i know the 2 15" might not blow as easily but i want the biggest and loudest system possible with a 4 farad cap and a new battery already installed.

ive been looking at the JL audio 1000 1 for either the BTl or the 2 15" Q im pretty sure the Jl audio amp is the best bet but if there are any other suggestions please suggest. thanks

No need for the double posting...

Normally I would suggest the JL Slash amp, but since you're going for SPL I'm not sure that would be the best option here.

The JL amp is not a good choice given what you're looking for. I have a feeling you'll simply clip the hell out of it because you won't have enough unclipped power for your liking. Something like a ZX2500.1 is what you should be looking at.

Hey smiley, if this helps any..

I was looking into getting the same setup, 2 Fi Q 15's... I did some exhaustive research on amps and I've settled on the AQ2200D - puts out 2200wRMS into 1 ohm (if you got the two subs with 1 ohm DVCs you can wire the individual voice coils in series to 2 ohms and wire the subs together in parallel for a one ohm load). These subs are rated at 1000wRMS so it's a great match. Also AQ's are stable at one ohm and I've heard some pretty good things about them.

If you want more info shoot over to audioque.com and check them out. I'm gonna be putting my system together over the next month so I can't really offer much more help beyond that but chyeah check it out :)

I dont know about the audioq amp, i havent heard much raves about it and the company, if anything the exact opposite. Ive been told to stay away from them, maybe a SAZ 3000, lil more pricier but the quality's there bro.