Got a question about the electrical of a 2000 Toyota Avalon. I don't have a system in there (still debating about that), so currently its a completely stock 2000 Avalon. I am not having any "electrical" problems but the starting is a little bit slower then I'd like and with winter coming up shortly I don't wanna be stuck with a slow starting car. What happens is that the car will take a bit to start up when its "cold", but if its only been off for a bit, it takes a bit longer to start-up. The interior lights on the dash will dim when i have the brights on and like..put windows up for example. Is this a sign of bad electrical? What are some options that I can do to speed up starting? Or is this something thats not even an electrical issue?

I was thinking maybe just a new battery and the big 3? I don't think a new alternator would have any need as I don't an actual system in the car. The lights dim when i put up/down windows and the lights are all on, but this happened with my 1997 Camry as well. Maybe just a Toyota thing?

So the questions I'm asking are:

Should I upgrade the battery and big three? just battery? just big three?...whats the cheapest option I can go with

Secondly, does this sound like a problem with electrical? or is it spark plugs or something like that that can't be solved with electrical upgrades?

Does it crank easily when you start it but just not turn over or does it have a slow crank too? If it cranks but just doesn't start it's not a battery problem and could be starter, fuel delivery, etc. Slow crank is indicative of not enough electrical power. Is your voltage where it should be?