P-Dizzle

Sundown Audio goes Marine

Do you have some sort of glass covering the amps and xovers from getting wet like you do with most of the other equipment? Just curious because i didn't see it.

The amps and crossovers are safe from water. They are in a sealed area under the rear hatch.

How did you wire the 3 sets of components into the 100.4?

And through all the pictures I kept seeing the flames and thinking, :suicide-santa: but after seeing the last pic I see why :lol:

The components in the front of the boat are running off channels 1 and 2. The 2 sets in the rear of the boat are running off channels 3 and 4. I did this so the owner would have a usable fader so he could control the volume of the front speakers without having to add an L-Pad. The front of the boat is a hang out area so this comes in handy.

Aren't those fans kind of in a worthless spot? Unless the amps are in a little holed-off area that I can't see very well, I'd think they'd be useless since they aren't blowing over the heat sinks.

No. Everything is placed where it is for a reason. These are Squirrel cage fans and are blowing straight down the heat sink fins. The air comes out the blower not the top. If you look at the last picture on page one you will see a little vent on the side of the boat right beneath where the windshield ends. These fans pick up cool air from where the vent comes in and blows it down the fins of the amplifiers. You would be blown away if you could feel how much air these fans move. Kachina has built a lot of boats and they have never seen fans work like this before.

This is the best place for fans on Sundown amps. Trust me...

ah, I see the fan outputs now. When I first glanced at the picture I thought they just blew air straight out from the picture.

i have done a few installs on smaller ski boats here in texas...but nothing that nice.... great install....

those are cage fans, blowing on the sweet spot of those amps.

you never answered how it sounds. i wonder how well the sound stays in a boat like that??? curious

you never answered how it sounds. i wonder how well the sound stays in a boat like that??? curious

I was in this boat again last week, it isn't much for imaging but the system is loud and clean. One thing I have always hated about boat installs is the use of coaxials. You would see wakeboard boats with eight 4-way 6x9's just screaming. Systems like that sound like ass an give me a headache. We used CDT components in this boat and there is no comparison. The mids and highs are clean and smooth. The RE subs are running off the 1500D at 1 ohm so there is plenty of power there. I was worried about the bass being lost since the subs are firing into open air but the bass sounds nice. The subs hit hard and the bass is clean. Better than I expected.