Sign in to follow this  
Amaan46

SAZ-3000D for 2 RE SX15 D2's @2ohms?

Greetings Folks,

I'm in the process of upgrading my setup to 2 RE Audio SX15's and I'm on the verge of crossing over into Sundown's territory by powering them with a SAZ-3000D. The amp will see a 2ohm load. I have no intentions of competing but I want to shake things up whenever I get the urge (usually when cops aren't present). Would this be an ideal amp for these subs as a daily driver? The subs are going in a 8 cube CRX box tuned to 34hz. The vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Tahoe.

Thanks to all for your views/replies!!

Wow......that reply came as soon as I pressed the "Send" button!!! It looks like I'll be getting more power for my money indeed as I just purchased 2 SAZ-1500D's as recommended. I read the thread dedicated to this amp and the numbers basically speak for themselves.....and I'd be quite foolish to sleep on the deal that's about to expire! What upgrades do you recommend for my set-up? I'm going to run 0/ga. power and grounds to the rear and re-do my Big 3 and throw in a 200amp alt. as well. What's a good power supply for my daily driver? Thanks again to all for your recommendations.

just be careful with those sx's, i think they're power handling is over rated. i literally built half that setup, saz1500, sx 15, 4cu @ 34hz, 1/0, and cooked my sx. now it could be my fault because i did not scope my gains ( no access to oscope ), however, the amp gain was set so that the current draw was maxing around 90amps without dropping below 12v (my alternators capacity and what i would estimate to be approx 1000 watts) and the sx blew. it's @ Fi right now and im just waiting for scott to get back to me about why the sub failed. seeing as this is the sundown forum i think u want nightshades fing05.gif

nightshades indeed..... ummmmmm.....

i have sent 1800rms to a single sx18 it is all in the install, and how you use it when it comes to deciding power handling.

it mustve been dirty power. i had an sx and it handled.. i even sent clipping power into it for minutes at a time.

Thanks to all for chiming in.......very much appreciated. I stumbled acrossed the Nightshades a bit too late, but they will definitely be my replacement sub should things go awry with the SX's. I'm still wondering if I need any assistance with my electrical system. This is my first somewhat big system. Thanks again folks.......I could get comfortable here :neil:

yo good start is the upgraded alt and 1/0 all around big 3. all you need is maybe a good upfront batt and a solid 120ah battery in the back.... for instance big dc batt, big kinetik batt24 38, big powermaster batt31.

just be careful with those sx's, i think they're power handling is over rated. i literally built half that setup, saz1500, sx 15, 4cu @ 34hz, 1/0, and cooked my sx. now it could be my fault because i did not scope my gains ( no access to oscope ), however, the amp gain was set so that the current draw was maxing around 90amps without dropping below 12v (my alternators capacity and what i would estimate to be approx 1000 watts) and the sx blew. it's @ Fi right now and im just waiting for scott to get back to me about why the sub failed. seeing as this is the sundown forum i think u want nightshades fing05.gif

umm, running my sx12 at 1ohm on my saz3000k

it can get REAL loud for a 12 and as long as its not clipping, the coil doesnt even smell

Purchase at least one Powermaster D3100 and look for an upgraded alternator if you play it for long periods of time at high output.

it can get REAL loud for a 12 and as long as its not clipping, the coil doesnt even smell

Youre sending an SX 3k watts?

Youre sending an SX 3k watts?

for burps it gets the full 3kw

but im driving the same setup daily, so yea watch that it gets a clean signal and be careful with the volume knob and you should be alright

i won't know why it blew until i hear from scott. possibly efficiency of my box allowed for xmax too easily? poor build quality on woofer? im not expert. at least i know with the fi recone it won't be the woofer's fault if it fails. @ this point regardless of why it failed recone $ + $ spent on woofer = Fi BL or almost a nighshade, which would have been a better choice for how I was using the speaker. (never said it was a bad sounding woofer, it just wasn't right for my application)

Sign in to follow this