Sign in to follow this  
optizz

Went shopping @ Zed Audio Yesterday.....

Hi! Everyone! I'm a new member here in Cali., I'm so glad I've found this site! A lot of guys here are very knowledgeable.Not only brand specific but any brand in particular. Yesterday, I drop by Zed Audio, to have my Us acoustics 4065 fix, & spent some time with Mr. Mantz.Happy to say He's doing really well. Right now he's concentrating on home pro audio set-ups. anyways, I bought a Deuce amp to feed my Solo's.All I can say is this amp is wow! "SIMPLY AWESOME!", I'll be adding it to my Zed amps collection, namely, lanzar optidrive 1000.1d,Lanzar opyidrive 100.4, Lanzar opti sl50, US Acoustics usf 1000f and 4065, All in mint like brand new condition.Thank you!

Nice collection. Welcome to SSA, and excellent choice on amplifier. I have a Deuce and Gladius. :)

Nice collection. Welcome to SSA, and excellent choice on amplifier. I have a Deuce and Gladius. :)

Thank you denim for the welcome! I'm lucky enough to collect Zed's great amps.Btw., How do you like the Deuce? What sub are you running it with? I'm wondering how good and how hard does the Deuce's hit? can it be comparable to the opti 1000's or usx 1000f's. I'm just learning about installations of a car stero sound system, I would appreciate all the inputs from very knowledgeable members here! I'm using my US ACOUSTICS 1000 and 4065 in my fullsize blazer powering my polk audio components, 6x9 kenwood excelons',4x6 excelons and 2 12s solo L7s' Through In-dash Jvc tv /monitors,My optis 1000.1d(soon to be replaced by the Deuce!) and 100.4 are hooked up in My lexus lx450 feeding to (2) solo L5's and (4) 6 1/2 Hertz Space components through In-dash Eclipse avn 5435 navi/monitor.Now, I will be starting a new project/set-up in my Land Rover this weekend, I will be using pioneer premier dex p9 head unit using harness that would enable me to use Land Rovers 11 speakers Harmon Kardon system, I ordered 08 Kickers zx 1000.1 mono amp ( I know! ) and (2) 12s Mb quartz rwe 302 subs( These are pre MAxxsonic, and is made by Rockford Fosgate before the buy-outs ),hopefully I'll have it by friday so I will be busy this week-end. That's all for now. Thanks again!

Edited by JonJon

Nice collection. Welcome to SSA, and excellent choice on amplifier. I have a DeuceBB and GladiusBB. :)

Thank you denim for the welcome! I'm lucky enough to collect Zed's great amps.Btw., How do you like the Deuce? What sub are you running it with? I'm wondering how good and how hard does the Deuce's hit? can it be comparable to the opti 1000's or usx 1000f's. I'm just learning about installations of a car stero sound system, I would apreciate all the inputs from very knowledgeable members here! I'm using my US ACOUSTICS 1000 and 4065 in my fullsize blazer powering my polk audio components, 6x9 kenwood excelons',4x6 excelons and 2 12s solo L7s' Through In-dash Jvc tv /monitors,My optis 1000.1d(soon to be replaced by the Deuce!) and 100.4 are hooked up in My lexus lx450 feeding to (2) solo L5's and (4) 6 1/2 Hertz Space components through In-dash Eclipse avn 5435 navi/monitor.Now, I will be starting a new project/set-up in my Land Rover this weekend, I will be using pioneer premier dex p9 using harness that would enable me to use Land Rovers 11 speakers Harmon Kardon system, I ordered 06 Kickers mono amp ( I know! ) and (2) 12s Mb quartz rwe 302 subs,hopefully I'll have it by friday so I will be busy this week end. That's all for now. Thanks again!

At the moment my DeuceBB and GladiusBB are still in their plastic and still in the box with Mr. Mantz's signature on the back. :) As for comparability, I would feel safe saying that I would expect the ZED branded amplifiers are going to be a nice step above ZED built other company branded amplifiers.

I try to collect older ZED stuff too. Wanting to build back up my little stash of grey heat sink USA series US Acoustics, and I have a Planet Audio model too. Had thought about grabbing a few old Boss badged ZED built 5 channels from way back, but just have not had the money to feed my addiction.

How do these compare to Sundown amplifiers? I'm looking for amps for my set up, and sundown is the only option I'm liking at the moment. I really don't like the way the Kicker amps look and I think RF is a little pricey. I really like the Zed cosmetically.

How do these compare to Sundown amplifiers? I'm looking for amps for my set up, and sundown is the only option I'm liking at the moment. I really don't like the way the Kicker amps look and I think RF is a little pricey. I really like the Zed cosmetically.

Two different approaches, two different markets really. Both are very good choices, but the current ZED models are pretty much all gone so you would probably have to buy used, there might be a few Deuces left new.

What market would YOU say the ZED amps are geared towards?

What market would YOU say the ZED amps are geared towards?

People who want upper echelon type amps that don't want to pay for a Brax/Tru/Audison name, and are not worried about a number on a db mic.

Ohh, okay, thanks demin!

The reputation of the man behind them does not hurt either.

ZED audio is really the only link between amps of the 2000's and amps in the 80's and 90's. He keeps up with technology and doesn't compromise on craftmanship and sound.