Sign in to follow this  
gerront

What Batteries?

Well i just installed all my equipment in my 4runner. I received my speakers today and hooked everthing up...4 15 ssd w/copper coils and bp power option...and im running 2 MA HK802SX amps.......Well the system hits pretty good, but i think it should or can do more....My voltage is dropping down to 10.2 volts at worst. Im loosing power like crazy....Even with multiple grounds and hots distributed everywhere my grounds are getting warm!!!!!<---not good i know.....I have the following installed right now

-165 Amp Alternator

-Kinetik HC1800 Under Hood

-Optima Blue Top in the rear with amps (temp)

I know this is not enough juice, but i have the optima sold and i was going to replace that battery with four HC1400. Due to limited space this is all i can really fit back there......

I was also thinking about running a few 16volt batteries but im new to the 16 volt thing....will my alternator keep a 16 volt battery charged? Really would like to do the 16 volt thing......

Anybody have any other suggestions? Anything would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Lets see what some of you audiophiles can come up with.....just keep in mind im not rich!!!!!

Don't see what this has to do with FI, since you put it in that section.

You need a 16volt alt, which charges up to 18 volts.

excuse me!!!! Let me repost somewhere else then