P-Dizzle

Why No Love for the SD-1's?

I'm one of the ones that like to crank it sometimes. What of it? :ready2go:

Nah, I run a Sundown 1000D and 2 SI BM's. I sound damn good and I can get loud. NOW WHAT! :finger:

What if I told you the SD-1's get just as loud as your BM's?

Nah, I run a Sundown 1000D and 2 SI BM's. I sound damn good and I can get loud. NOW WHAT! :finger:

Seriously?? Dayum, I wish I woulda stocked up on them when they were for the cheap!! I coulda made a killing!

Those SD-1s are pretty damned good! Only crappy thing is that they were all 8 ohm.

My theory on the SD-1s...

People see a sub with a stamped steel basket and they think it is weak. Plus, when Sundown is peddling 3000 watt amps, who wants a 150 watt sub? Unless you buy 20 SD-1s!

But how many people can fit 20 subs in their car/truck? The average joe is going for 1-2 subs.

IMO, AA and Fi have cornered the sub market in this forum. Although the Nightshade seems to be doing quite well.

Edited by bigjae1976

Seriously?? Dayum, I wish I woulda stocked up on them when they were for the cheap!! I coulda made a killing!

Haha. That was a "what if" but they are a good sub.

Plus, when Sundown is peddling 3000 watt amps, who wants a 150 watt sub?

People who don't run 3kw? Not even the majority of consumers use 1kw+ in their system. People on car audio forums are far from a representative sample of aftermarket car audio consumers.

i got two of these for my girlfriend's mustang in 2 cubes for both subs and they sound amazing. at the same thing i got two more for my friend's s-10 truck. i kinda wish i bought 10 for the home theater when ricky was tryin to get rid of them. :(

Tmax ran these ported in his car and they were definitely good for the price.

I threw one of them in a little over 1 cu ft. and put it up against my MAW-10 in the same cube. and I felt the was more efficient in the upper spectrum of the bass but the MAW-10 could move a little bit more air down low.

For those that don't know the Maw-10 is rated for 250W and both subs were tested on 8 ohms so it was an apples to apples comparison.

Did anyone ever try them as midbass speakers in any kind of setup, it seems like they could work very well in that situation. Anybody know how high they can play?

Did anyone ever try them as midbass speakers in any kind of setup, it seems like they could work very well in that situation. Anybody know how high they can play?

I'd like to know too. I have a pair sitting here I'm considering using in a set of 3 way semi-active towers.

I have a SAZ3000d, does that make me a bad person

your point is? Ive got 2 of them but I use the SD-1s in a single cab truck