P-Dizzle

Why No Love for the SD-1's?

I like these subs and they were tough to beat for the price. (Light, Loud, Clean, Effecient) I didn't have ONE unhappy SD-1 customer.

What was everyone's opinion on these subs?

Look. An unofficial 130dB off a "100" watt amp. ;)

Enclosure by James Taylor.

Titan4_001.jpg

Titan4_002.jpg

Titan4_003.jpg

Titan4_004.jpg

Titan4_005.jpg

Titan4_006.jpg

Titan4_007.jpg

Titan4_008.jpg

Titan4_009.jpg

Titan4_010.jpg

Titan4_011.jpg

Titan4_012.jpg

Titan4_013.jpg

Titan4_014.jpg

Titan4_015.jpg

Titan4_016.jpg

Titan4_017.jpg

Titan4_018.jpg

Edited by P-Dizzle

I like mine they are decently loud for what they are expecialy since I put them in some small cheap prefabs with no polly for now gotta fix that soon tho

You need to build a "real" box. The 12's are pretty fast and tight in 0.9 ft^3 but they play much lower in 1.25ft^3 in my experience.

ya I know Ive got to majorly clean out my work area and see if I cant find more space cause right now the measurements Ive got only get me 1.4 cubes for the pair

ya I know Ive got to majorly clean out my work area and see if I cant find more space cause right now the measurements Ive got only get me 1.4 cubes for the pair

Is that using the popcorn test? Those subs are suffocating in that enclosure.

nah its a single cab silverado so I dont really have a ton of space that I can use I probably just need to pull out the subs and get some better measurements one of these days. it dosent help that the center seat section dosent move

With the absence of Adire, they fill a very desirable niche for a low power, inexpensive driver :)

But on a forum where you have people that want 3kW amps before they know how to use a voltmeter, well, I can see why they'd be overlooked ;)

I like those woofers a great deal - just didn't catch on!

Thats because to many of these people numbers and looks are more important than performance, they want it to be 21 inches and handle 3000 watts, and be made of shiny metal, lol :)

How do these things do in IB installs, out of curiosity?

With the absence of Adire, they fill a very desirable niche for a low power, inexpensive driver :)

But on a forum where you have people that want 3kW amps before they know how to use a voltmeter, well, I can see why they'd be overlooked ;)

you beat me to it! how come i have a feeling that we are referring to the same people? :P:D

Yeah was a shame. Both SD-1's are solid subs for sure. The 100.2 SD-1 combo is a great choice and more than most people need anyway.

Yeah was a shame. Both SD-1's are solid subs for sure. The 100.2 SD-1 combo is a great choice and more than most people need anyway.

x2

All the money people spend in some shop with type arrrrghz and stuff when you could upgrade for less.

These are still available? I have a customer looking to go IB for an install and was wondering about these

These are still available? I have a customer looking to go IB for an install and was wondering about these

I might have two of them in the back room if you are really interested.

they 10" or 12" and how much do they sell for?

they 10" or 12" and how much do they sell for?

Yep, I have two 10s in the back room.

Blew them out for 40 dollars each at the end.

I got 2 12" SD-1s I would like to get rid of, PM me if your interested.

i think he only has room for 10's, i'll be there over the weekend to measure

I wouldn't say the SSA bassheads, but bassheads in general given the demographics on forums like this one, Caraudio.com, ROE, SMD, places like that. Look at what happened to Fi's X series, compared to BTL's sold in the same time :P

Shivas were extremely popular on DIYAudio as Sonosub candidates :)

The kids like big things. Big magnets, big power figures, flashy installs.

The more discerning consumer would be more amenable to the likes of SD-1s as it comes down to a quality thing.

Too many morons only see numbers like power handling and think that more is always better. All they want is loud and don't care how it sounds. Sadly something like the SD-1 is lost on them.

I'm one of the ones that like to crank it sometimes. What of it? :ready2go:

Nah, I run a Sundown 1000D and 2 SI BM's. I sound damn good and I can get loud. NOW WHAT! :finger: