Sign in to follow this  

well this a tricky question... as thay are diffrent subs...

but the nightshade is tripple stacked. and is geared for music aswell as battle...

IMO... and keep this inmind i have never owned a BTL... i would think that it is indeed the gap filler from BL to BTL....

from what i understand the nightshade is rms of 1500 watts... but jacob does make a custom nightshade with a longer coil, more spriders and more glue, and its rms is near 3000 watts if i recall correctly.

so the custom NS would be a stronger race for the BTL...

but keep inmind jacob is also working on a new sub that is taking 6000 watts give or take!... so do a dance,

and if im wrong someone let me know.

it should not be that much more. you can email jake he will tell you all about it.

possibly strapping sundown 1500's would be the way to go if budget is an issue? i got my sundown from chris @ db-r for $360. thats about half of the autotek amp.... theres no question that you will be happier with the reliability and personalized service from sundown. db-r is an authorized refurbisher and very pleasant to deal with as well. as i understand u can run between 3k & 4k watts daily on strapped 1500's. please correct me if im wrong!

...as i understand u can run between 3k & 4k watts daily on strapped 1500's. please correct me if im wrong!

to both subs?

no that would be a single load between 1 & 2 ohm. each amp seeing half of that. all the power testing is listed in the sundown forum for their amps.

1500: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7116

3000: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=9952

edit: that would be the load to BOTH subs not individually.

Edited by caligreen

1400~ 1500 each sub

damn....well i wouldnt want to underpower the subs.

i dont know if u can underpower btl's. they have a higher efficiency than almost any comparable subs which means they should get louder with the same load than any other sub in their class.

damn....well i wouldnt want to underpower the subs.

i dont know if u can underpower btl's. they have a higher efficiency than almost any comparable subs which means they should get louder with the same load than any other sub in their class.

X2

you dont have to FULLY power any sub... many guys here will tell you that.

and BTL's are the most efficent subs in FI's line up... watt for watt

keep inmind lil buddy... you can allways go up from there... if run 3000 watts for the pair... you will enjoy it.. no question about it... but if you think perhaps you may enjoy more power.. then you can allways ad another saz 3000d.... either by straping or run one sub per amp... dig it..

im thinking of giving my bl's and 1500D to my brother and saving up for some BTL's and a new amp. ive decided i dont really care about good sound quality with my subs....i just want loud ass bass something that doesnt sound horrible, and something that can take abuse, and i know these can...and i love Fi subwoofers. :neil:

i know autotek makes good amps, but would this be a good one to power 2 12" BTL's or is it too much?

also, they are rated at 4k watts rms, but how many watts do you think i could get out of them?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=18160

the 3000 and 4000 are both the same price on onlinecarstereo.com so which would be more practical?

info/suggestions appreciated

thanks

autotek makes overrated trash IMO.

As far as output goes on the big class D's, they're decent amps. Not overrated as far as I can tell from the guts :)

Doesnt hurt to run 1500w on the BTL's. You could always increase efficiencies by building a larger ported box. There are more ways to get loud, either by lots of power or by having a large ported box or even both.

Mean machine series is good. Super sport is ok.

The Street machine series.... aka new stuff is rated peak, it does half the ratings in RMS.

Maxxsonics isnt terrible, its just that they know how to market chit. I dont know why they made autotek peak rated because they already targeted the beginner market with the lower crunch models. Crunch is the really cheap, peak rated brand targeted towards the begginer audience, they have their big model in the gp3000pro. MB quart is a "high-end" brand where they are trying to hold up the name for quality... hifonics is the middle of the road with the bxi line and towards competitors with the xxv line.

But the changes to autotek just dont make sense