Aaron Clinton

Barrett Jackson Auto Auction

its on this weekend anyone watching it?

some unreal cars moving so far, and they only get better as the weekend goes on

:nightrider:

I'm close to Auburn, so we go to the Auburn auction every year. It's amazing to see vehicles of that caliber and the prices they go for. The exotics are obscenely overpriced, but I only say that because I cannot afford them, yet I see SO MANY classics thatare basically stolen from their owners.

I know the Barrett Jackson is a bit higher scale but it's all amazing none-the-less.

I think the full auction is not played till the 27th

there has been some sick cars so far

Supposed to be a car from Spokane (two hours from me) that is estimated to be purchased at half a million by itself.

I was watching some of the auto auctions a while ago on the Speed Channel there and I wish I was there ... HEMI cars, classic Corvettes ... all literally making the owners cry because they were being sold for three times less than the amount they put into them.

- Steve

Supposed to be a car from Spokane (two hours from me) that is estimated to be purchased at half a million by itself.

I was watching some of the auto auctions a while ago on the Speed Channel there and I wish I was there ... HEMI cars, classic Corvettes ... all literally making the owners cry because they were being sold for three times less than the amount they put into them.

- Steve

there was a chevy hotrod that had 350k put into it, and it sold for 103,500 :ugh2:

You NEVER get back what you put in. It's sick. :4123357f3da0f6e125a54:

I am pissed cause I missed sunday, and they save all the major lots for the last day, well sometimes

well this one went for a cool 3 mil saturday

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/even...t.asp?id=178112

linky wont work :banhim::lol2:

k try it now

:unsure::unsure:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

:unsure:

work for me but here the info

1954 OLDSMOBILE F-88 GM CONCEPT CAR

LOT #992 - NO RESERVE

2005 BJCCA CCA

SOLD FOR $3,240,000

OPTIONS

COLOR - GOLD

TRANS - HYDRO

CYLINDERS - 8

ENGINE SIZE - 324

HORSEPOWER - 250

VIN - E54S003701

The XP-20 project, commonly known as F-88 was a pet project of Harley Earl (working with him was Bill Mitchell, Ken Pickering, Zora Duntov etc.). Four cars came out of the project, but only styling order #2265 (this car) survived. It was sold or given to E.L. Cord (Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg owner) in 1955. Hundreds of internal GM documents and original blue prints are still with this sole survivor

post-440-1107232556_thumb.jpg

post-440-1107232573_thumb.jpg

post-440-1107232583_thumb.jpg

post-440-1107232590_thumb.jpg

the attached pix are working fine, but humm doubt that the price was justified, any way I want to go to the auction one of these years, as soon as I can afford to fly and the 350 to get in I am there

yea they showed the dude while he and another guy were going at it and he was telling the (usher dude) that money is no object, i want that car

must be nice to be able to afford anything u want lol

damn I wish I could have seen that

i saw them selling that car on TV, it was crazy, the guy cried after buying it

i would cry too if i spent 3 million on a car too lol

i went the next day (sunday) and saw a lot of great cars, i have some large pics if anyone wants them